Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Next Nvidia GeForce series is RTX 2080. Not GTX 1180.

1. People that are buying $700 graphics cards aren’t gaming at 1080p, unless it’s ultra-wide, and a good portion of them probably have a high frequency monitor as well.
    Last edited by gamevet; 24 Aug 2018 at 07:50 PM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    While this bodes reasonably well for the new cards at the high end of the performance range, it does seem to indicate that ray tracing is going to cost more performance than the move from 1080p to 4K, and I wonder how many people are going to choose that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave James @ PCGamesN
    SOURCE: https://www.pcgamesn.com/nvidia-rtx-2080-ti-hands-on
    The top-end RTX GPU struggles to hit 60fps at 1080p in the ray traced Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Even stepping up to 1440p might be too much for the RTX 2080 Ti
    This article does show how costly ray tracing can be, even on the Ti. That's a little concerning about a $1200 card. Anyway, this is based on early versions of the games & drivers. James also mentions a performance hit on BF5, while saying that the RTX is more a proof of concept.
    While RTX does look good, if I have to give it up to stay at 1440p with 60 FPS, I will. Even with RTX off, SotTR & BF5 don't look bad. I'm tempted to wait for the 2180 Ti.

3. I believe that Nvidia announced that they were going to push more support towards sli, because they knew that 4K 60fps with RT wasn't going to be achievable with a single 2080Ti. $2,500 is way too much money for some pretty looking reflections and shadows, but maybe a couple of 2070s in sli running @1440p could be doable.
    Last edited by gamevet; 24 Aug 2018 at 10:06 PM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    While this bodes reasonably well for the new cards at the high end of the performance range, it does seem to indicate that ray tracing is going to cost more performance than the move from 1080p to 4K, and I wonder how many people are going to choose that.
    Yeah, when I think of PC gamers turning down visual settings in the name of performance, resolution is one of the last settings I expect to see lowered.

I could see it being worth the cost for myself, personally, or I could see playing at 30fps 1440p depending on the game.

5. Interesting technical overview of what DICE is doing with ray-tracing in Battlefield 5 based on conversations Digital Foundry had with them at Gamescom.

look here, upon a sig graveyard.

6. hello i'm babacang

7. A Turkish youtuber leaked some benchmarks of the 1080Ti vs the 2080Ti.

8. So, there seems to a bit of backlash against the RTX 2080, when compared to the GTX 1080Ti. Nvidia has pretty much released this card without any software to showcase the Ray-Tracing technology, and the performance of the card is just barely faster than that of the GTX 1080 Ti.

9. Well...yea.

I don't know why you'd buy a card for technology no game is using.

10. Solid overview of the RTX cards using DLSS and how it works/what it all means. Currently more interesting than what they can do with ray-tracing.

look here, upon a sig graveyard.