Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mass shooting breaks out at video game tournament.

1. Mass shooting breaks out at video game tournament.

https://www.cnet.com/news/mass-shoot...nt-in-florida/

A mass shooting has reportedly occurred during a video game tournament in Jacksonville, Florida.

"Mass shooting at the Jacksonville Landing. Stay far away from the area. The area is not safe at this time. STAY AWAY #TheLandingMassShooting," the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said in a tweet. Subsequent tweets by the office reported there were "multiple fatalities" and a suspect was dead.

The shooting occurred during the Madden 19 Tournament at the GLHF Game Bar, according to a tweet by CompLexity Gaming, a professional gaming team that had a player at the event. One Madden player, Young Drini, was grazed in the hand and is away from the scene and safe, Complexity reported.

The shooting comes amid a decades-long debate over the influence of video games, with activists and politicians pointing their fingers at violence depicted in video games, music and movies after tragedies. Former President Barack Obama encouraged research into the effects of violent video games on children.

I wonder if it went down like this?

Last edited by gamevet; 26 Aug 2018 at 03:33 PM.

2. http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/jac...Kz&ocid=ASUDHP

UPDATE: Report: Gunman was a gamer who was competing in the tournament and lost.

EARLIER: A suspect is dead after a "mass shooting" on Sunday in downtown Jacksonville, Fla., at a popular area filled with bars and restaurants that resulted in multiple fatalities, police said.

Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said there were "multiple fatalities" from the mass shooting at Jacksonville Landing and many people were transported to the hospital.

"One suspect is dead at the scene, unknown at this time if we have a second suspect. Searches are being conducted," Jacksonville Sheriff's Office tweeted.

3. Has anyone taken part in that decades-long debate that they mentioned?

4. The unofficial count is four people dead at least, but that's probably best taken with a grain of salt. This is sad and deeply stupid.

5. Time to ban football games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. VIOLENT GAMES CAUSE PEOPLE TO BE VIOLENT!

"They were playing Madden..."

VIDEO GAMES CAUSE PEOPLE TO BE VIOLENT!

7. It was a 19 yr old kid that lost earlier. He killed himself.

Probably beat everyone’s asses online and then couldn’t handle defeat in the tournament.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

8. This is really so messed up. My condolences.

9. Best EDITED for Android
    Last edited by Rumpy; 27 Aug 2018 at 03:17 PM.