Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 245678 ... LastLast

Thread: Streets of Rage 4 (Offcial Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    I like a lot of pixel art games and games with a retro aesthetic, but that looks terrible.
    I'm glad somebody said it. I thought maybe I was the only one.

2. I got you man! The original post said "that looks like shit" but I thought it sounded mean for no reason, so I changed it.

Also I didn't include my gripe about a "feature" being able to play the music from the first or second game in this new game, as if the people who that would excite don't already own and listen to that music.

3. Still buying this. I really much prefer it over that shitty 3D game they tried to make years ago.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

4. Looks good, I am in.

5. I was disappointed to see that this is what Streets of Rage 4 looks like... The art style is great but just not what I expected for a new Streets of Rage. They did a great job with Wonderboy though and with this new trailer you can see that they've put a lot of love into it. I'm sure it'll be fun! There's probably more surprises in store so I hope it doesn't disappoint.

I mean, if you've seen what they did to Battletoads. This can't be worse than that, right? haha

6. Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    Also I didn't include my gripe about a "feature" being able to play the music from the first or second game in this new game, as if the people who that would excite don't already own and listen to that music.
    Like, I can download Bad Religion and Offspring tracks, but if a new Crazy Taxi came out and let me play to their tracks from the original, that'd be great.

Plus if you don't want that, you still have the option to just... not do it? What a weird complaint.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 10 Apr 2020 at 02:45 PM.

7. If it plays well, I can deal with the weird art.
    As far as 'retro' SoR goes, I'll stick to SoR Remake on PC.

SoR Remake is so good. It came on a Retropie distro I loaded and I've played the shit out of it.

9. I'm down to play this too, but the Corona budget means I'm out for now at $25. I always end up playing these games a couple of times and losing interest.

10. Might be getting some extra Steam codes for this soon-ish. If that happens, I'll throw one your way.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan