Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 356789 LastLast

Thread: Streets of Rage 4 (Offcial Thread)

1. Available on Xbox Gamepass on launch day!
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

2. Streets of Rage 4 Launching April 30 on PC, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Game Pass, Battle Mode Revealed in New Trailer

Publisher and co-developer Dotemu (publisher of Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap, developer of Windjammers 1 and 2) with co-developers Lizardcube (Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap) and Guard Crush Games (Streets of Fury) proudly announced today that Streets of Rage 4, the long-awaited return of SEGA’s iconic beat-em-up series, will hit PC, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One as well as Xbox Game Pass on April 30 for $24.99.

The news arrived alongside a trailer revealing the first look at Streets of Rage 4’s Battle Mode, a legacy experience returning from Streets of Rage 2 and 3. This feud-settling battleground is bound to help rivals recognize who truly is Wood Oak City’s finest alley-clearing ruffian, as well as settle grudges spurred by accidental friendly strikes during multiplayer sessions. Witness just a few of the ways champions will be able to dominate their allies by viewing the trailer above.

To keep their news combo going, Dotemu, Lizardcube, and Guard Crush Games have also detailed how they incorporated the recently announced pixel art characters and classic Streets of Rage 1 and 2 soundtracks into Streets of Rage 4 via a PlayStation Blog post. Learn the full story and why making the idea a series-spanning reality was so important to the team by reading the post in full here.

Streets of Rage 4 is the franchise’s first mainline entry in more than 25 years, reuniting Axel, Blaze, and Adam while introducing fresh fighters and combat depth, an arrestingly fluid hand-drawn art style, and an all-new scenario as well as city boroughs to crack skulls in. With an original soundtrack from Olivier Derivière incorporating worldwide talent, including massive contributions from series composers Yūzō Koshiro and Motohiro Kawashima, Streets of Rage 4’s pairing of classic elements with distinctive modern direction makes this highly anticipated return the fight of a lifetime.

To keep up with all things Streets of Rage 4, be sure to wishlist the game on Steam and head to streets4rage.com.
    Perfect game for Game Pass, definitely gonna check it out!

3. I would’ve bought this anyways, thanks Gamepass!
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

4. Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Might be getting some extra Steam codes for this soon-ish. If that happens, I'll throw one your way.
    Hi Jeremy! That's very kind of you but I'll be able to play it with Game Pass so it's all good!

5. I am enjoying this game (thanks Gamepass). It feels like a proper SoR game with some really neat details all over the levels. I need to get a better pad because the XB1 dpad sucks.

6. I don't think you'll find a better dpad on any 3rd party pad, with the possible exception of the Hori Fighting Commander.

7. I might have to get an adapter and use my 360 joystick.

The Mayflash universal adapter works well. I'm using one of the Genesis mini six button USB pads with it.

9. Everything about this game is great. The controls feel really good, the hit response feels just right, the timing feels like it should. There's a limited amount of air juggling for combos which I like, I don't think that was in any of the previous games. Being able to catch weapons is a lot of fun, that makes combat more interesting because you can hit someone with a pipe, turn around throw it at another guy, catch the rebound, turn back around and continue to swing at enemies in front of you.

Special attacks are handled differently. They take damage from you, but if you can do a combo right after, you gain the health back. The recoverable amount is green on your health bar. If you get all the health back, you flash green and there's an audio cue. Same if you get hit, but it flashes red to show that you failed without having to look at your health bar. I've found that the new guy, Floyd, has three special attacks. From standing, his arm extends and pulls them in for a beating. In a grab, he electrocutes them (a ton of damage) and the third is a AOE ground pound. I'm not exactly sure how that one is done.

I don't know what hate is about, the art style works really well. A lot has changed since they first showed it off, it's a hell of a good looking game. The lighting and reflections in the environment (like in puddles and the neon signs highlighting characters) add a lot of detail and make stages look like they have more 3D depth. Music is great so far too (I stopped at level 4) and my only problem with the sound is that the SFX for the pipe hit is all wrong. It's this strange tinny sound instead of the old meaty slap.

10. I still don't think the art style is a great fit for SoR, mostly because of the anatomical proportions, but it's definitely not bad. It's actually animated well, which is a welcome change from the horrible flash-style animation most 2D games use.