Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 46789 LastLast

Thread: Streets of Rage 4 (Offcial Thread)

1. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I still don't think the art style is a great fit for SoR, mostly because of the anatomical proportions, but it's definitely not bad. It's actually animated well, which is a welcome change from the horrible flash-style animation most 2D games use.
    I think it's improved a lot since the initial reveals, particularly how the elements have been better integrated together, with lighting, shadows, and reflections so it feels more comic book and less cartoon. It isn't like, an obvious continuation of the original's style, but it works.

I oredered the LRG version of this game so I'll probably play it in a couple months when no one cares, but I'm alright with that. Happy to see this getting terrific reviews.

2. Playing this on Steam with a Saturn 6 button. Game of the fucking year. Not even close.

3. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I am enjoying this game (thanks Gamepass). It feels like a proper SoR game with some really neat details all over the levels. I need to get a better pad because the XB1 dpad sucks.
    Whoa, wait. This is on Gamepass? I can be playing this on my PC right now, and with an arcade stick. MS has to be losing money on this service.

4. Well, they got my dollar.

5. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Whoa, wait. This is on Gamepass? I can be playing this on my PC right now, and with an arcade stick. MS has to be losing money on this service.
    Apparently the Xbox and Windows Store versions have the graphics options disabled. But also free. Just a word of warning though.

Rumpy is correct iawtp

It definitely seems better than what was shown. I was turned off by the earlier videos, but the game rocks.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Apparently the Xbox and Windows Store versions have the graphics options disabled. But also free. Just a word of warning though.
    The same thing happened with Final Fantasy XV. I got it for free from Steam or something. It doesn’t appear to have any graphics options, but the game does appear to be displaying @1440p on my monitor.

9. Dude, this game is smooth. I'm very surprised at the variety they've managed to include in the enemy patterns and offensive tactics needed while still keeping it feeling exactly like SoR. 10/10

10. Game kept crashing for me on PC Game Pass, but damn, played the first 4 or 5 levels with a friend and I had a blast. I was not expecting it to be anywhere near as fun as it was. Really impressed.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.