Page 1 of 9 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Streets of Rage 4 (Offcial Thread)

1. Streets of Rage 4 (Offcial Thread)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M_bgPefCyfA

My interest increased 1000% when I saw Lizardcube’s name attached.

Yes, I just saw this!

LizardCube needs to be let loose on all the old and forgotten Sega properties. Tye cartoony look fit WB better than SoR but I'll give it a shot.

3. Neat, I'd totally play that.

4. I am cautiously optimistic.

5. The art looks a little rough, but by beatemup standards, it's appropriately ugly.
    I hope they get Yuzo Koshiro for the soundtrack.

I think Lizardcube's just doing the artwork so I can't get excited about the gameplay yet. I'm not sold on the art style either. I loved the new Wonder Boy look right away but for Streets of Rage, I don't know if this fits as well.

7. I think the art looks great, the animation looks REALLY good actually. The faults I see are stylistic choices, not things they were incapable of doing. The final cleanup isn't filthy enough for me; it's too clean for a game concept/world like this.

The thing to keep in mind is that Wonderboy looks the way it does because they hired that French guy to do all the art and animation. So this game will look a lot like whomever they've hired this time around.

The insane attention to detail on the programming side is coming from the guy running the coding side in house at Lizardcube, I think. So we can probably expect that here too.

8. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    I think Lizardcube's just doing the artwork so I can't get excited about the gameplay yet. I'm not sold on the art style either. I loved the new Wonder Boy look right away but for Streets of Rage, I don't know if this fits as well.
    What if Lizardcube was also reverse-engineering the fighting engine? That would be pretty interesting.

9. Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    I think the art looks great, the animation looks REALLY good actually. The faults I see are stylistic choices, not things they were incapable of doing. The final cleanup isn't filthy enough for me; it's too clean for a game concept/world like this.
    Yeah. It looks nice in motion, if not what I'd picture for the series.

I'm pretty optimistic about this.

10. No problems with the art style at all. If we can't get Yuzo Koshiro for the soundtrack, Gecko Yamori would be my 2nd choice.