Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 24567 LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: September 2018 Edition.~

1. Everything I've seen has said it's a negligible difference quality wise.

Price-wise, Scart is hella cheaper than decent PS2 component cables.

I'd say that for most of the rigs we in America have component is better. If you're running through an upscaler like the Framemeister then RGB may be better as it handles RGB better than component.

Theoretically, if you had a TV that took both, the only difference is color space. It even uses the same pins on the AV out. Component can also do 480p but few games take advantage.

3. No clue, haven't tried yet. I bet the improvement is minimal, or at least not perceptible to my near-sighted eyes.

4. Mr. Johns book arrived. I read the first page!

5. Thank you Kof and SSJN!

6. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I'd say that for most of the rigs we in America have component is better. If you're running through an upscaler like the Framemeister then RGB may be better as it handles RGB better than component.

Theoretically, if you had a TV that took both, the only difference is color space. It even uses the same pins on the AV out. Component can also do 480p but few games take advantage.
    I’ve had a PS2/Xbox component cable since forever. It’s worked fine for 480p on a 4:3 HD CRT for a really long time.

7. I picked up Project Cars (PS4) for $6 at Target. It rang up @ $19.99 but was marked on the display for $5.99.

8. Mega Man 11 (PS4) - Just cleared Block Man's stage. Not bad so far, but it would've been nice to be able to duck. I'm liking the speed/power gear system- there are a couple "hurry-ups" in this stage where the speed gear helps. A grinder comes in from the left, while brick walls advance towards you- some parts have to be shot out, sometimes you'll have to slide through the gap. One annoyance in the shop is that it doesn't allow buying multiples of an item at once, even if you can carry several. No, you're buying them 1 at a time & it asks "are you sure?" on each one.

9. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    Not bad so far, but it would've been nice to be able to duck.
    Fuck off.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. Chess is cool, but I wish you could pelt the opponent's pieces with ball bearings to knock them off like in Crossfire.