Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: EA Games that Don't Suck

1. THQ Nordic just announced they got the rights to Amalur, so a “remaster” should be around the corner.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    THQ Nordic just announced they got the rights to Amalur, so a “remaster” should be around the corner.
    I wonder how much they paid to the state that owned the rights to that game. My only bitchy issues was the game's level cap was only 40. Once you hit that, It was kind of a downer how easy shit was even on harder levels.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

3. yep! I liked that game so much I wanted to get the dlc, but they didnt raise the cap in that either so I didnt bother.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    yep! I liked that game so much I wanted to get the dlc, but they didnt raise the cap in that either so I didnt bother.
    I'm pretty sure they were all out of money/jobs before they could have even gotten to that. I hope THQ at least allows you to level up some more. The game was so fucking well done and it's only real fault was it released at around the same time Skyrim came out.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

5. Amalur's sequel was supposedly in pre-development. Curt Schilling said that Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee's calling KoA Reckoning a "failure" derailed a $35M deal with a possible publisher. Amalur 2 would likely have been a good PS4/X1 launch title. We got robbed.

For a remaster of Reckoning, THQ Nordic needs to make some tweaks & add more difficulty settings beyond hard. A level cap of 80 wouldn't be bad.

6. Curt Schilling says a lot of things. The idea that he blames a comment by Link fucking Chaffee and not his own pissing away a $75 million state handout on developing an AAA MMORPG he didn't have the resources for is pretty cool.

The party of personal responsibility and all that.