Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EA Games that Don't Suck

1. Budokan
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    dumb thread, EA is still making good games
    I think the thing about this thread is that we're kinda talking about EA games in the past that made them a respected company unlike how now they are when they earned the #1 spot for two years in a row as the worst company ever.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

3. For the last decade or so, a lot of their games have been set up as DLC storefronts first and games second.
    The games themselves are not all bad.

4. I remember EA link on PC, the service before Origin, where they would sell you a downloadable game, but actually fucking limit the amount that you could re-download the game before you had to buy the game again. EA is a garbage fire that ruins everything. They hold the Battlefield series hostage so I have to interact with them occasionally. I hate EA.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    I remember EA link on PC, the service before Origin, where they would sell you a downloadable game, but actually fucking limit the amount that you could re-download the game before you had to buy the game again. EA is a garbage fire that ruins everything. They hold the Battlefield series hostage so I have to interact with them occasionally. I hate EA.
    You could just choose to not play Battlefield anymore tho. Honestly from what I've been told and I'm not an FPS fan is that CoD is superior to it in many ways. The whole shitstorm Battlefield V is going thru at the moment with pre-orders being stupidly low cuz telling the people who are the main demographic to "If you don't like how it is don't buy it." was probably not the best of ideas.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

6. Battlefield is my favorite FPS series and has been for many years. It's scale of fighting is what I look for in a shooter. Much more than COD, which I like but not as much. I've been playing the Battlefield 5 beta and I'm over the moon with it. It's incredible. So, I'm stuck in their orbit for the time being.

7. Starflight is pretty good. Came out on PC, later got a really nice port on the Genesis. Feels a lot like Mass Effect 1.

The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

8. I 1st played Starflight on the C64 and later the Amiga, once I got a 500. I also have the Genesis version.

Speaking of Amiga, Populous was one of those innovative games published by EA that I really enjoyed on the Amiga computer.
    Last edited by gamevet; 06 Sep 2018 at 01:06 PM.

9. I played the shit out of Deluxe Paint II on my A500.

10. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Kingdoms of Amalur.
    I'll 2nd that. Just be sure to start on Hard difficulty- Normal is a bit easy.