Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EA Games that Don't Suck

EA Games that Don't Suck

So, I was finally able to get a boxed Haunting Starring Polterguy for a good deal and I've put its fat ass beside my fat ass boxed BOB.

Back in the 16 bit period, EA had a habit of putting out some nice weird titles when not putting out their endless stream of sports games.

Am I missing anything? What other nonshit did they put out?

They had a lot of good PC stuff in the mid to late 90s. They were mostly made by companies that they had bought (and then destroyed) but included the Command and Conquer series, the Wing Commander series, Syndicate, and plenty of others. I used to love raiding their $15 rereleases in high school.

3. Are you looking for just 16-bit era? EA used to make a lot of great PC games way back when as well.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. EA published a ton of software for the Atari 8-Bit, C-64 and Apple II computers in the 80’s. Some of my favorites were MULE, Archon, Racing Destruction Set and The Bard’s Tale.

5. Over the past few generations EA has helped put out Burnout, SSX, some of the Mass Effects, Dragon Age, Skate and a bunch of other really good games. More recently Titanfall 2 is maybe the best single player FPS experience in a generation.

The problem, as you all know, is that they eventually drive all these developers into the ground after the buyouts and make them release total fucking garbage before shutting them down entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Are you looking for just 16-bit era? EA used to make a lot of great PC games way back when as well.
    Probably. The PC stuff seems a bit obvious and doesn't really require a thread. Because as has been said, they would just buy up great PC companies and milk them. Not much of a thread to be had there. Just a lot of bitching about how they watered down C&C, etc.

7. Here's a list to spark some memories.
    https://segaretro.org/Electronic_Arts

8. I never got into it, but I remember dudes praising the heck out of King's Bounty, preferring the reworked Genesis version to the PC original.

9. Dead Space

10. Kingdoms of Amalur.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL