Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Samurai Spirits/Shodown (2019/PS4)

1. Here's 44 minutes of SS gameplay from Gematsu. The roster will be 16 characters- 13 old & 3 new. Hopefully SNK adds some more new ones when they bring out the DLCs. SS is using Unreal Engine 4.

2. Looks like Street Fighter 4.

They finally got their real-time damage I guess. Looks slow and floaty, doesn't have that nice SNAP I associate with SS2.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 25 Mar 2019 at 05:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. The later SS lost the SS2 feel, and it will probably never come back.

4. Not surprisingly, SS will also hit Taito's NESiCAxLive 2. That has a "summer" release date while the console versions are scheduled for 6/26.

5. The new characters look alright. There's a pirate chick with a giant saw-tooth sword thing, a chinese girl with glasses who uses some sort of shield type thing, and some dude that looks like a ninja but uses a katana, so maybe he's a samurai?

I played some SS2 on Fightcade today to see how these games play. It takes some getting used to after playing modern street fighter and kof games. You can't really punish many moves on block, and it seems very footsies based.

Early SS games were more about the chess game of trading blows and punishing whiffs.

7. Yup. You do a pointless jump in SS2, you die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    It takes some getting used to after playing modern street fighter and kof games. You can't really punish many moves on block, and it seems very footsies based.
    Sounds exactly like modern fighting games to me!

9. You can download the DLC for free for the next few days, even if you don't own the game.
    I plan on picking it up at some point, so yay.

10. This is good! The lightning blade attacks are kinda bullshit but otherwise it feels just like SS2.

Read Mollie's review. She sums it up pretty well. I haven't been able to get online much yet.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood