Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Samurai Spirits/Shodown (2019/PS4)

1. Samurai Spirits/Shodown (2019/PS4)

SNK has announced a new Samurai Spirits for PS4 with a 2019 release date.

Let's hope SNK does not follow SoulCalibur's lead like they did with Sen. IMO the gameplay should stay 2D like KOF XIV & the recent SF/MK games.
    Haohmaru, Nakoruru, Jubei, Earthquake, & Galford are confirmed. There's blood, but the trailer doesn't show dismemberment like Sen or SSV Special.

SNK is using UE4 for this instead of an in-house engine. I'm loving the art style on this one.

2. I like what I see there.
    It's about time they stopped trying to build their own engines.
    I hope the music is a throwback to the original game as well.

3. I'm totally in for this.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

4. I cannot WAIT for this game. Loved what I saw with the trailer. A new Soul Calibur AND a new Sam Sho within a year?! BLISS!

What's everyone's favorite games in the series? I will always love 2 but 5 perfect has amazing layers of gameplay even though its kinda gross looking in some spots.

5. It looks... not great. Like a Street Fighter IV mod with nicer backgrounds. I hope it plays solid!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. yuck-buck-pittuck

7. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    It looks... not great. Like a Street Fighter IV mod with nicer backgrounds. I hope it plays solid!
    True, the art style does look strongly like SF IV's & I can see why it wouldn't be for everyone. After what SNK did with KOF XIV, I have faith in them to nail the game mechanics. SNK has my money once they spit out a release date.

8. They turned away from the light when they went from KOF 13 to 14, IMO. I wish that incarnation of SNK had turned out a Shodown.

I'll never own KOF XIV after playing it at a friend's house, too 'Maximum Impact'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. The patch that came out a couple months after release made it look much better, but it's still not exactly DBFZ, yeah.

10. I read somewhere that the main artist worked on SFIV as well, so it makes sense.
    KoF XIII was cool, but I much prefer the visual style of the NeoGeo games.