Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234568 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Playstation Classic Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    If you guys think there will be some obscure/rare titles on this thing, I got some beach front properties in Nebraska for you.
    This. It's a total pass for me as a system when I already have almost all the good PS One games I want along with a PS3 and PSone system with the oem screen.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

2. Quote Originally Posted by Low View Post
    Silent Bomber or go to hell.
    This! Loved that game, reminded me of a Bomberman/Contra mashup.

3. Merged the two threads into one per SSJN's request.~

4. It's going to have a bunch of greatest hits titles on it and ultimately, I'm excitedly paying $99 for an FF7 machine.

Holding out for Silent Hill too.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

5. I spoke to a friend of mine who works at BestBuy corp and I think he might have spilled the beans on the list or maybe he was bsing me but I'm going to call him back and ask him again! I vaguely remember some of the games he mentioned. I was pretty sure he said Tenchu was one of them.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 20 Sep 2018 at 03:21 PM.

6. Jumping Flash, Toshinden and Ridge Racer were PS1 defining to me.
    No gnus is good gnus.

7. I'd love to see Einhander, Omega Boost, one of the Colony Wars games, and Wipeout XL make the list.

8. I just realized at about 14 seconds in that the expansion port on the back doesn't look like it's fake. I wonder if there's something they're adding to it and not telling us.

9. It is going to be hacked so fast with a USB drive to put extra iso.

10. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    If you guys think there will be some obscure/rare titles on this thing, I got some beach front properties in Nebraska for you.
    That's my immediate thought, but Jumping Flash and Wild Arms are already fairly deep cuts to the consumer they're targeting with this thing.

The most probable reason is that Sony's saving bigger announcements to drip-feed until release, but why wouldn't you put the 5 most stone-cold mass-market classics up front to maximize initial preorders, then slide the announcements of relatively obscure stuff like those into future updates? Again, I don't expect anything too obscure, but I could see how one could infer that some of the ubiquitous games people are thinking are guaranteed to be on here... maybe aren't such locks, if they're leading the big announcement with WA and JF.