Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Playstation Classic Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Vasteel View Post
    Is you tweakin?

I mean, I totally agree, love Strider 2, but I'd be really surprised if it was on there.
    Honestly, I'm not counting on S2 either.
    Shame the controllers included with the PSC are the vanilla PS1 pads rather than Dual Shocks.

Frog is right, this really needs Metal Gear Solid. There's one from the real Konami. The one that I miss.

2. It should come with 20 virtual demo discs.

At $130 CAD + tax, I will stick to playing PS1 games elsewhere. I'm curious as to what other games they will include, though.

4. Me too, especially seeing as everything I can think of is post-twin-stick. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night seems like a no-brainer, but after that...? Maybe Jumping Flash 2?

I'm expecting Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Crash Bandicoot, Wipeout, Twisted Metal and maybe Tomb Raider for franchises.

6. 20 spots is pretty tight, I don't think we'll get multiple games in any franchise. I'm surprised Jumping Flash got one spot, thinking it'd get two is downright insane. Good games, but not exactly the generation-defining mass-market hits they're going for on a product like this.

Then again neither was SotN really, sales wise, but it's carved out a big reputation since, nevertheless.

Hopefully they try to get in all the 2/2.5D games they can, as those have aged much nicer than the wholly 3D ones. Parappa is likely, Final Fantasy Tactics and Street Fighter Alpha 3 would be good candidates. Stuff like Klonoa, Tomba, and Suikoden 1 or 2 are more of a longshot, but I'm rooting for 'em.

Should probably have a puzzler here for genre diversity and the more 2P games they have, the more second controllers they can sell; Puzzle Fighter would cover both those bases well.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    I'm expecting Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Crash Bandicoot, Wipeout, Twisted Metal and maybe Tomb Raider for franchises.
    Yeah, sounds about right for the heavy hitters. Plus Spyro maybe, though the remasters hitting in the same window might nix that.

A big get that everyone seems to be overlooking would be Tony Hawk's Pro Skater with all the licensing intact. Those first two games were gargantuan hits at the time, it's a perfect candidate for a spot in a time capsule product like this.

7. I like the USB based Playstation controllers, I kind of wish they were selling those separately. I don't know if I'll get this the $100 price tag is a little high.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

8. Tony Hawk was on TNL 2’s list.

9. I'd love to see rarer/ more expensive games I don't have physically on the classic. Games like Suikoden 1 and 2, Tron Bonne, Alundra, Persona 2. But outside of those one I already want was confirmed (SotN). I'd also enjoy it if Sony put Star Ocean 2, Chrono Cross and Soulblade on the classic. I'm excited for most of the confirmed games besides a few. I already have FFVII physically and my copy is in pretty good shape. So it's not too big a draw for me that it has FFVII on it. All in all I have a ps1 I personally don't think I'll buy one of these.
    Last edited by Headphone Actor; 20 Sep 2018 at 07:39 AM.
    You act as though payback makes you a noble man, is that a fact?
    Well, you're a goddamn Philistine!

10. If you guys think there will be some obscure/rare titles on this thing, I got some beach front properties in Nebraska for you.