Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood rated for PS4 in Korea.

Now I just want to go home and play rondo

2. Castlevania always had a lot of secrets going on, break wall to get turkey leg has been a standard since the beginning and they spun out from there. The later Sharp Computer version even had some system clock stuff going on.

Ain't got nothing to do with Mario 3.

Castlevania 4 is alright, but there's a lot of janky nonsense going on and I'm not quite sure why the Flop Whip exists. It's an okay game because it's a Castlevania, but it's almost the worst 16-bit Castlevania.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 01 Nov 2018 at 12:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

What is the actual worst?

4. You
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

I would probably not be a good game if you shoved me into a cart slot.

6. Ladies seem to confirm that.

SNES Dracula X is probably the worst, but a lot of that is just being such a huge step down from the PC engine one. It's still manages to be better than a lot of SNES shovelware.

It doesn't take much to be better than Bubsy.

8. It's important to draw these lines though. Dracula X is an alright low B or C tier game. There is an ocean of D tier stuff on that system.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 01 Nov 2018 at 03:10 PM.

9. SotN Maria mode is different from Saturn, I heard. I don't know how.
    The other Saturn content was not imported. Though I got a weird demon familiar with a silly face that I don't remember from before?

This game has a few tricks to make it easier. Fireball motion with the Rapier does like 6x damage on an enemy when it lands. If you can ever pull off the buttons there's a spell that attacks everything on screen and replenishes your health. I've also just been playing with Japanese audio because the grunts don't bother me as much when they are a different language.

Anyway, Rondo is a perfect game to me. The only thing I'd change is add a dedicated button for the secondary weapon, since there can be situations where I want to use the whip and get on stairs at the same time. I honestly can't think of anything to "fix".

I think Castlevania 4 is a nostalgia thing for people, it's big and colorful and has fancy Mode 7. I can see it being pretty cool to a kid who was playing Castlevania 1. And I can see how players would prefer the 8-direction whip, but the game just felt rough to me. Platforming was convoluted and the boss patterns really got on my nerves. Maybe now that I've got Rondo down I'll go back and see if it feels as broken as it did before, but I remember abusing the save state feature on the SNES Classic.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

10. Just got this and started playing through SoTN. I was prepared for the different dub but the different sound effects, shittier lettering when you come to a new area, sounds coming out of the controller, etc all fucking suck. I am guessing that this is just a PSP port and nothing more.