Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Telltale games lays off development staff, all future and current projects cancelled.

1. I don't pay attention to this company and am too lazy to read, but am I to understand they announced and sold a new season of a game only to cancel it an episode or two in?

It sucks people lost their jobs. I lost interest in Telltale pretty quickly. I enjoyed Sam & Max at first but then all the recycled assets made me they wish didn't use the episodic model. I thought Back to the Future and Jurassic Park were pretty weak and it seemed they were becoming a factory for quantity over quality in licensed games. Their Walking Dead series had ridiculous praise but I found it very shallow and didn't play to the end. Maybe their stuff after that is better but I feel put off from their games.

3. Tales from the Borderlands was pretty charming, and I have to give it up for them introducing me to one of my favorite songs. Hexenight end our sets with a sample from it.
    Boo, Hiss.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I don't pay attention to this company and am too lazy to read, but am I to understand they announced and sold a new season of a game only to cancel it an episode or two in?
    Unless there is some yet-to-be-announced plan to have another dev finish it, then yes.

5. I feel bad for all people losing jobs. Sorry guys.

But like Neo said, I lost interest pretty quick in their games. I’d give them a shot here and there but always got tired of them. Game of Thrones wasn’t bad but I couldnt get through Guardians if the Galaxy or Walking Dead.

6. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    Tales from the Borderlands was pretty charming, and I have to give it up for them introducing me to one of my favorite songs. Hexenight end our sets with a sample from it.
    I just finished playing Tales from the Borderlands. It had an interesting story, though I do feel that the game play was very basic.

7. I tried playing one of their walking dead games on disc for XBOX360, and the choppy loading made all the QTEs unplayable. It probably would have run fine if I had installed it to the hard drive, but it kind of killed my interest and left me with a bad impression.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I don't pay attention to this company and am too lazy to read, but am I to understand they announced and sold a new season of a game only to cancel it an episode or two in?
    Episode 2 of the final season of The Walking Dead comes out this week. The remaining 3 episodes have been axed.

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I tried playing one of their walking dead games on disc for XBOX360, and the choppy loading made all the QTEs unplayable. It probably would have run
    fine if I had installed it to the hard drive, but it kind of killed my interest and left me with a bad impression.
    Nope! As frog said, their tech sucks. Even going to PS4 and One, that problem stuck around with the upgraded engine.

This closure took me by complete surprise. Considering the amount of content they put out I thought they were fine but now that I think of it, just about every series I played (six, I think), I got through Games with Gold or 75% off sale. I don't think I paid more than $10 for any series.

Why are people paying for games before they come out?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Why are people paying for games before they come out?
    Same reason you might watch Game of Thrones before the series is complete. Because following along as it unfolds, speculating with friends and anticipating the next episode can be fun. It's not for everyone but I certainly get the appeal, and I've enjoyed the format when done right. Telltale and Dontnod are really the only ones who ever delivered episodes at a satisfying pace though. It's very tough to do with games.