Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: James Bond

1. Watch em all in order of release. Yes they are a product of their time but watching the new ones first is only going to confuse things. Ignore all these Craig fanboys.

They are live action "Man's Man in the Cold War" cartoons with a sprinkle of Britain wishing it was still relevant in world events, and should not be taken too seriously. Watch em like that and you'll appreciate them a little more.

Also watch them with the understanding that the world is a whole lot smaller than it used to be. Things like the Internet were so far beyond what most people could even begin to conceive of for most of the franchise, jet travel was still in its infancy when this thing really kicked off and people didn't really expect to see Hong Kong or even the Bahamas, so seeing them in a movie was almost as good. Bond really capitalized on that. MI6 and the CIA must have super fancy gadgets that nobody has ever seen, because how else are they going to spy on people. Etc. And when you get into the villains, each of them had to have their own lair. Seeing what Ken Adam would come up with for the next one was always a treat, until they went away from it.

Lastly the quality really varies after each Bond is introduced. Each new Bond gets a good or great movie, and then it's up and down until the franchise recasts. It even happens to Craig. You should probably stop at Goldeneye. It's the last really great Bond movie.

2. Error makes some very good points.
    Maybe Mr. Superhero Film Lover has the patience and attention span for the old Bonds- but I don’t think so.

I’m watching Bourne Ultimatum right now. The longest the camera is allowed to stay in place without major shake or a cut is 3 seconds. Even during exposition dumps. It’s ridiculously over the top.

3. I enjoyed the first Bourne movie but thought the camerawork was a bit nuts, then I saw the next two and wished for the calm steady pace of the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Maybe Mr. Superhero Film Lover has the patience and attention span for the old Bonds- but I don’t think so.
    Because I like to see Captain America punch people I can't like movies from the 60's?

5. yes.

You're wrong though. You're also just a dirty son of a WAH NAH WAH NAH WAH

7. I’d be happy to be wrong!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post

Does James Bond smirkily rape his way through every movie?
    Yes, he does.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. Her name is Pussy Galore. Let’s not act like she wasn’t open for business.

So she was asking for it? She certainly was acting like she wasn't interested in Bond's rapecock. But, obviously, all women want it they just pretend to resist because it's part of the game? The scene that launched a thousand date rapes.