Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018-2019 NHL Thread

1. 2018-2019 NHL Thread

Alright, a bit late but we're back in action. Things are heating up already with some quick highlights. Washington and Pitt are off to the races, their first game was a nutso 7-6 OT win for Pitt.

I wasn't expecting Jesus Christ to come out with the Rangers this year, but Jesus Christ. 0-3 to start. Hung in there with Nashville and it was fun to watch. I expected an easy win against Buffalo, which I think everyone does but it was like it was impossible for them to score. There was like 44 SOG! Tonight it's like guys on the ice just stop paying attention and that leads to the dumbest shit. Goergiev did not look good tonight. I'm praying they can gel as a team and finish with a respectable record.

2. Ok, hockey is fun again. And by that I mean the Rangers aren't screwing everything up at every opportunity. Now they struggle to hold on to leads but are over .500 now. Looking around the league is interesting now that we are 17-18 games into the season.

TBL 12-4-1
    TOR 11-6-0
    BOS 10-5-2

CBJ 9-6-2
    NYR 9-7-2
    PHI 9-7-1

NSH 13-3-0
    MIN 11-4-2
    WPG 10-5-1

VAN 10-7-2
    CGY 10-7-1
    SJS 9-6-3

I think Nashville is the only heavy hitter from last year that has remained on top. Canadian teams are doing very well except for OTT and the Devils are back to struggling. PIT and WSH have swung low into the middle with 7-5-3 and 7-6-3.

And here's the donkey punch!
    VGK 7-10-1

Almost at the bottom, which LAK are now wallowing in.

yeah last year was weird.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

4. Caps are playing like Stanley Cup champions. Regular season is for suckers. Just make the playoffs.

As a Penguin fan, this makes me sleep better at night lol.

5. Stacked bracket! Playoffs start tonight. Also, Devil's won the draft lottery, they get first pick. Rangers get 2nd!

2019 Stanley.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    Stacked bracket! Playoffs start tonight. Also, Devil's won the draft lottery, they get first pick. Rangers get 2nd!

2019 Stanley.jpg
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unknown.png 
Views:	426 
Size:	668.6 KB 
ID:	81546
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

7. Totally nuts. It's like Tampa thought the playoffs were pre-season games. It doesn't make any sense with the season they had.

And the Islanders sweep the Penguins! I know the Pens didn't go in with a lof of faith this year but a sweep is nuts to. Trotz is a hell of a coach, a Caps v Isles series would be nuts. And everyone has to be afraid of Columbus now.

8. The Stars finally started out a game quick, scoring 4 goals in the 1st period. The Predators yanked their goalie out of there.

9. It's been a bloodbath here in Pittsburgh. Our GM is talking ALOT of shit on our stars, rightfully so. This top-heavy model can only take a team so far before they slow down or aren't as hungry as before. Also, Trotz out-coached us. This woulda been worse if Tampa wasn't there to take the ridicule bullet for us lol.

Off-season is gonna be fun. Hopefully we can find some dummy GM's to take some older guys with TERRIBLE contracts(I doubt it). I'm all about the West coast Pens errr I mean Vegas. I'd like to see Ovie go far too but who knows.

10. Carolina is giving the Caps hell now. 2-2 series. St. Lous/Wini series is great too.