Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This Month's haul: October 2018

1. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I’m trying to play through the Wii version before I play Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
    I have restarted XC1 so many times, I lost count.

2. Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    Thanks for the heads up.. been wanting that for awhile.
    For sure... it's been on my radar for a while too, but for some reason I never picked it up. I don't know a lot about it, but I love the art style and it seems to consistently hold an "overwhelmingly positive" score on Steam.

3. Night Stalker and Night Strangler blu-rays
    Mega Man 11 Switch
    Fight'n Rage Steam
    Halloween 4k Blu-ray (mainly because I heard it has the better print blu-ray version with it)
    The Thing From Another World DVD
    The Thing Scream Factory 2-disc Blu-ray
    Environmental Station Alpha Steam
    Williams Pinball 3-pack Pinball FX3 Switch
    ZeroRanger Steam
    Evil Dead 1 and 2 Blu-ray bundle
    Invasion of the Body Snatchers Olive Signature Blu-ray

I also ordered Army of Darkness limited edition steelbook, which should arrive tomorrow.
    Last edited by Brianvgplayer; 16 Oct 2018 at 10:32 PM.

4. I am so disappointed. Found someone selling Batman Return of the Joker (NES) locally. It is CIB in superb condition too, but the game doesn't work. I opened it up, the board and everything looks legit, no soldering points look unseemly and I wouldn't want to mess with it. Fortunately, the seller is willing to take it back and I decided to trade it back for Castlevania 3 and Mega Man 3 instead.

5. Stupid question. Did you clean the contacts on the cart with 90% isopropyle alcohol? I had an N64 cart that I'd thought was dead. I'd even cleaned it with a cart cleaning kit and it still would not work. It finally worked after several cleanings with a q-tip and alcohol.

6. I’d try to work a deal where I only gave back the cart, if everything else is really nice. Easier (cheaper) to find a decent cart than the whole thing.

7. That's what I was thinking.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I’d try to work a deal where I only gave back the cart, if everything else is really nice. Easier (cheaper) to find a decent cart than the whole thing.
    I did ask him if I can buy the box and instruction, he said he wants to let his friend try it and maybe get back to me. I didn’t want to push it.

9. You could also get a nasty loose cart and swap PCBs.

10. Dark Souls Trilogy (PS4), this comes with all the DLCs on 3 discs. Looks like FROM Software/Namco is milking the crap out of this series but at least I have never bought DS3 or any of the DLC for 1 and 2.