Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Country, Bluegrass and Folk (That doesn't suck)

The recording on that Busy Signal jam is so fucking garage rock. Listen to those drums. Dolly Parton is so cool.

2. I like Loretta Lynn a lot, she's a real champion.

this is a money thread.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

4. I posted this video over on the Dead Thread. Guitar great Roy Clark passed away at 85 years old. I've admired his guitar skills for a really long time. He's an amazing guitarist.

5. Dude has serious chops but everyone claps at the easy bit?

Very impressive playing though.

6. Elvis is the King of Rock N' Roll, but he also has such a diverse catalog of music that covers gospel, folk and country music. His voice is one of the best.

This is one of the best covers of a Hank Williams' classic.

This song not only topped the country charts, it was a top 100 on the mainstream charts as well.

This old folk song brought Elvis to tears. This performance is a prime example of why Elvis was one of the greatest performers on the stage.

Here's a better quality version of the video. The guy that posted it has blocked it from being played outside of Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWVgLLnGaWs
    Last edited by gamevet; 16 Dec 2018 at 01:37 AM.

7. My dad's band did a pretty good version of Amarillo by Morning back in the early '80's. That's Pop singing. Fun fact: this recording is technically the first professional recording of the song. Strait got all the glory later, though.

This song from The Ballad of Buster Scruggs is pretty good as well.

I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

8. I'm somewhat dumbfounded by the fact that one of country's most popular artists probably never wrote a single song that he sang.

Most popular artists don't write shit.