Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PC Engine CD - Best Games

Most of the best have been mentioned but here are some more I liked:

The Valis series is much better in the gameplay department than it gets credit for, at least the PCE CD versions of III, IV, and the remake of I.

Shubibinman 3's a fine action platformer. Faussete Amour is pretty good, like an anime fantasy Bionic Commando with its grappling.

For shooters, there's also Avenger, Nexzr, Hellfire S, Psychic Storm.

Loom's a quality graphic adventure. It isn't better than the PC version but it stands out as something different on Turbo.

In the early days of TNL when my internet wasn't fast enough to download iso files, Korian hooked me up for free with some weird PCE CD bootlegs disguised as tax software. It was great to finally play Kaze Kiri at the time.

Oh yeah, Loom on the PC Engine is really good. I remember it being a mix of the text only and talkie versions that had the best of both. Something is wrong with the later PC releases of Loom but I can't remember what.

3. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Neo Nectaris is one of my favorites.
    Military Madness is one of my favorites on the TG-16. I was kind of disappointed with the PlayStation version of Neo Nectaris. The graphics were a downgrade in that version.

I love that it costs like $400+ to get a pc engine cd up and going and TNL can't think of more than 30 good games for it.

5. shut up.

6. I’d add Super Raiden, Rayxanber III, Super Darius II, and Sylphia to the list of good shooters.

Popn Magic is a nice Bubble Bobble style title.

Gain Ground and Shadow of the Beast are nice ports with some odd omissions.

Metamor Jupiter is a delight if you want to see a utter clutterfuck in motion. It’s so bad I kinda want to play through it again.

7. Cotton is another quality shooter, would’ve edited my post but edit seems broken?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I love that it costs like $400+ to get a pc engine cd up and going and TNL can't think of more than 30 good games for it.
    The thread said "best" so people might be holding back on games that just make the "good" category for them.

Some other games I think are good: Forgotten Worlds, Buster Bros., Terraforming, Last Alert, Dynastic Hero, L-Dis, Image Fight II, Final Zone II, Lemmings, Puyo Puyo CD, Side Arms Special, Cho Aniki, Macross 2036.

You can always save money and play the discs through Magic Engine if you want legal emulation.