Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PC Engine CD - Best Games

1. You only mentioned Ys 1 and 2 but Ys IV is fucking amazing, probably better than the first game, and there is a full english dub and translation for it. Legend of Xanadu 1 and 2 would be up there as well and those are slowly getting an english dub and translation. Dragon Slayer is pretty damn good. The Prince of Persia port that's on CD is really good. I've never played it but I've heard people talk positively about Shadow of the Beast. The Xak games are supposed to be fantastic too and I believe all 3 have english translations available. I'll second Super Raiden again as I really dig that version. Ys III also is good, there's also Darius I and II on it. Image Fight is a good shooter, and I mean come on there's also fucking Snatcher on it. Did anyone mention Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair? I'll also second Forgotten Worlds. Ohhh one no one talks about is Future Boy Conan which is a pretty damn good platformer with amazing animation. I think the Japanese name is like Mirai Shounen Conan. It's really good. That's about all I can think of right now, off the top of my head.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Did anyone mention Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair?
    GohanX mentioned it. Unlike other Hudson-published Wonder Boy conversions, they didn't fuck the character designs or the controls (Dynastic Hero, the port of Monster World, is still worth playing, though). I love the new CD soundtrack with the guitars, and it's just much better than the Mega Drive version overall.
    Last edited by NeoZeedeater; 04 Nov 2018 at 12:24 PM.

has snatcher on the pc engine been translated though?

4. I'd be more interested in MSX SD Snatcher. The Sega CD version is pretty right-on for Snatcher.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 04 Nov 2018 at 01:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    GohanX mentioned it. Unlike other Hudson-published Wonder Boy conversions, they didn't fuck the character designs or the controls (Dynastic Hero, the port of Monster World, is still worth playing, though). I love the new CD soundtrack with the guitars, and it's just much better than the Mega Drive version overall.
    Yeah it is a really good Wonder Boy overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    has snatcher on the pc engine been translated though?

I believe JunkerHQ had announced they were doing a fan translation of it, not sure if that ever got released though or if the project is dead. From what I understand the PC Engine version is considered the definitive version of Snatcher do to less censorship, being the final version edited by Kojima, and has better graphics. I'm surprised no one has worked the Sega CD translation into the PCE version yet.
    Where I play
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

I prefer the Sega CD version of Snatcher's music above all the others. Someone needs to make a version that combines elements of different ports, like the fan hacking scene did for games like Ecco and Flashback.

Prince of Persia on the TGCD is ok. The bunny hop is broken or at least I couldn't get it to trigger. Combat feels weird, too.

The Sega CD version is similar but with awesome cutscenes and better controls.

8. Best game so far and always LUNAR. I still miss it a lot when i play high graphics game on my citrix vdi.

Regards,
    Adrian Gates
    Last edited by AdrianG001; 27 Nov 2018 at 03:10 PM.

9. yes, turbo duo Lunar was the best version.

10. I got excited, thinking maybe Butts tried some of the games we suggested and was finally commenting on it, but no.
    Where I play