Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How we do with fond regards to our bodies here in the midst of #peak2018, in the year of the Goose

1. I bought some $3 exfoliating mittens at Ralphs. I go nuts on my body, but a light touch on the face in the shower with the same mittens works for me. And like I said, that deep sea mud bar soap has texture, so you can rub some on your hands and do a light face scrub that way too.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    Wife's mom makes soap and lotion, soap is used as SOAP/shampoo/deodorant/shaving cream. Floss and toothpaste for the real guys, Efferdent for the dentures. Monthly nail clippings. Shower most days. Trying to eat mostly unseasoned meat and veggies, drink all the water.
    Lemme buy some soap!
    Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    -Doc Bronner's Weird Religion Soap for the body
    -pumice stone for the feet
    -safety razor w/ Astra blades for the clean neck
    -electric clippers for the buzzed dome
    -jojoba beard oil and basic ACE comb for the face (works better than straight conditioner)
    -Speed Stick Musk (now annoyingly rare!) or Regular for the pits
    -hydrogen peroxide + baking soda for toothpaste w/ ACT flouride rinse (with the little fillin' cup) for the teeth
    -cooking veggies for the guts
    -monthly hot tub w/ wife for the relax/reset
    -CBD pen for the baseline annoyance with other humans and chores (applied as needed)

https://youtu.be/QmA405FpxqY
    I need a pot pen. Any thoughts on a dry-burning device? I need that kind, since I can already dump marijuana tinctures/liquids in the nicotine boxes I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I use the curlyhair method of washing my hair - basically with low/no shampoo, conditioner only, then you do this complicated dance with hair gel and scrunching your hair up so that it’s curly. That’s working well for the curl, though I wouldn’t say my hair is any healthier than with just normal shampoo. I only wash my hair twice a week tho, always have.

Soap is clear and free bar soap. Can’t handle anything else. Face wash is similar, but it’s even milder. I use the Curology app for a concoction of acne meds - I have fairly severe adult acne and their service really helps me out. it’s better than any antibiotic regimen I’ve tried, and it helps fade scarring and such. Worth it for $20 a month or whatever. I use a serum and moisturizer and Japanese face sunscreen every day.

I’d put my entire makeup routine here but uh....I don’t think that’s going to be too helpful to anyone else haha
    I'd rather just hear what people are doing for themselves if they think they've got some good strats, Sats. So let's hear it. It seems to be working since I've never noticed you having acne or whatever. I mean I've seen like 3 pictures over the course of 20 years, so

I eat a lot of fat and protein. If I'm being healthy, I will bake some chicken or fish with various spices. Maybe put some sesame seed oil, olive oil or coconut oil in the foil. I bake pork and chicken wrapped in foil to hold the moisture in. If I'm being Tubs Mcfatass, I pan fry scrambled eggs in bacon fat or eat 10 strips of bacon. Add in 60+ oz of water and my skin has never been better.

Washing, mostly just a rag and loofah to exfoliate. I have some blue bottle hospital grade antibacterial soap I might use before a job interview or wedding. Its a tactical nuke for any BO. Its kind of a once every 6 months kind of deal. It's not a daily or weekly soap.

I have some kind of lemon cookie scented lotion I use the evening or day after a facial shave. If I wash my face, I'll probably use witch hazel then water, or just water.

Really, the best thing you can do for your body, skin, butthole, etc is to cut fast food, junk food and foods high in corn syrup or cane sugar. and drink more water. I've seen a greater improvement from diet change than from buying this or that product for body or skin care.

I'm not on my diet btw, I'm currently doing soups, salads. Or binging on rum and kit kats.

Can you guess which combo makes me feel bad the next morning?

5. Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post

I'd rather just hear what people are doing for themselves if they think they've got some good strats, Sats. So let's hear it. It seems to be working since I've never noticed you having acne or whatever. I mean I've seen like 3 pictures over the course of 20 years, so
    lol. I mean, it's not as bad as some people have, but I'd say on average I get 4-8 pimples a week which is a bit rare for a 33 yo woman. My skincare regimen has helped with minimizing the redness and scarring, but right now I have three spots on my face that are pretty obvious. I usually wear makeup in photos so you don't see them, but I don't usually wear makeup every day in irl.

since you asked tho! I have 3 different makeup routines, one being the "I have all the time in the world and can take 45 mins on this," "school makeup," and "I can't be arsed but I'll wear something." This all goes on after the sunscreen, the very last step of the skincare routine.

Can't be arsed:
    -guerlain or Yves St Laurent gold-infused primer
    -MisshaM BB cream no 13, it's like a liquid foundation that is light coverage
    - Urban Decay concealer under eyes or on zits if bad
    -comb through eyebrows, set with Anastasia brow gel
    - Little bit of blush
    - Benefit Rollerlash Mascara
    - Glossier balmdotcom on lips

School makeup:
    -guerlain Radiance or Yves St Laurent gold-infused primer
    -Makeup Forever Matte+ liquid foundation mixed with a few drops of Sephora Radiant Luminizing drops
    -Urban Decay concealer under eyes or on zits if bad
    -comb through eyebrows, Anastasia DipBrow in medium brown, set with Anastasia clear brow gel. Concealer used to "carve" out brow shape (make sharp at the ends)
    -Kat Von D eyeshadow primer
    -This step can vary but usually it's Urban Decay Naked 1 eyeshadow Palette, in Sin, Naked, or Sidecar (sometimes a combo depending on time)
    -Sephora black liquid eyeliner
    -Urban decay perversion eyeliner to line my upper eye over the liquid
    - Nyx Taupe eyeshadow used as contour, I'm pale so most out of the box contour is too orange for me
    - Tarte blush in I forget which color
    - Urban Decay afterglow highlighter on cheeks, bridge of nose, forehead, and lips
    - Sephora setting powder under eyes
    - Curl eyebrows
    - Glossier balmdotcom on lips
    - Urban Decay Chill setting spray
    - Benefit Rollerlash Mascara (doing this after the setting spray keeps it from running throughout the day)
    - usually a Kat Von D liquid lipstick, sometimes Nyx Butter Gloss, YSL gloss, or Korean brand lip stain

I have all the time in the world, or I'm going to a concert or party:
    - All the above but instead of 1-2 eyeshadow colors from a single palette, I'll use 4-6 from either Naked 2, Limecrime Venus 1, Lorac Matte Pro, or a combo. This usually adds 7-15 minutes to a routine so I skip it for school.
    - loose glitter applied with too faced glitter glue in the corner of my eyes
    - false eyelashes if I'm feeling spicy

This isn't even covering the ~25 brushes and other tools used to apply all this nonsense, or the days when I actually do my hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

6. Sometimes I wear glitter on my eyes if I'm feeling fancy.
    Boo, Hiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    since you asked tho!
    Yeah it's super wild how much women torture themselves, I wanted to see this too.

Sats you ever bic your head?

Diet 1000% affects everything way more than anything I've bought. I wash myself when I get dirty or smell bad. I use basic stuff. My ex makes awesome deodorant but I have the recipe, I'll probably make the next batch.

Also @Sats how many hours of makeup videos have you watched?
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 05 Nov 2018 at 12:33 AM.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

8. Jesus Fucking Jewish Christ at that makeup routine.

I was terminally and constantly upset when my anxiety attacking my face super hard forced me to put lotion on my face before ever leaving the house. Washing my feet and balls in the tub, then splashing water on my face is literally all I do these days before leaving the house. Fresh clothes too, that takes the longest.

I brush my teeth too if I'm feeling fancy.

And yes- drinking unbelievable amounts of water throughout the day has restored my skin FAR more than anything else. But putting lotion on something when it itches, instead of itching it is pretty cool too. Also exfoliating actually works. I'm like, uncomfortably smooth these days.

9. Absolutely nothing helps with my acne, but I've never experienced any scarring, so I just deal.

10. Cigs: PAX 2 is good, don't fuck with the preloaded cartridges one.

I touch the end of my nose a lot if I'm doing a Stressful Deadline (unconsciously puts hand on face looking at stuff), I end up getting a couple bright red spots on my nose. It is an annoying known quantity.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 05 Nov 2018 at 10:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!