Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL Holiday Wishlist 2018: So The World Might Be Mended

1. Thank you sosuke.
    I once owned the full run of Sandman in the original comic form.
    Then my chick and I split up and she won all my comics in the break up.

Later I owned the full run of Sandman in trade paperback form.
    Then I met a girl who had never read comics and I lent them to her and she looovvvveeeddd them and when we split up I let her keep them as parting gifts.

Now I have the full run in digital form, but I really don’t like reading comics originally designed for a book format on a tablet or whatevs. I’ve wanted to read them but not in that junky way.

I know Sandman is one of “those” comics that everyone praises, so all I’ll say is that at one time it meant a lot to me and I’m really happy I can walk down that path again.
    Thanks you very much.

2. I'd like to participate again this year, but my wife and I have been trying to have a baby for three years now, and we just found out it's not going to happen unless we pay $20,000 for IVF. On top of that, I was placed on leave without pay, from my job. The earliest I can go back to work is January 7th. Yay! I've pretty much just been a lurker on these boards, this year, anyways.

3. Adopt, you vain people! j/k do whatever
    Last edited by YellerDog; 04 Dec 2018 at 08:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. Sounds a lot like you should let some nice people buy you some gifts, plaid.

It costs more than $20k to adopt. Which is totally fucked up.

6. Guaranteed results, though. (???)

Put your name in the hat, 'plaid!
    Last edited by YellerDog; 04 Dec 2018 at 09:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Thank you sosuke.
    I once owned the full run of Sandman in the original comic form.
    Then my chick and I split up and she won all my comics in the break up.

Later I owned the full run of Sandman in trade paperback form.
    Then I met a girl who had never read comics and I lent them to her and she looovvvveeeddd them and when we split up I let her keep them as parting gifts.

Now I have the full run in digital form, but I really don’t like reading comics originally designed for a book format on a tablet or whatevs. I’ve wanted to read them but not in that junky way.

I know Sandman is one of “those” comics that everyone praises, so all I’ll say is that at one time it meant a lot to me and I’m really happy I can walk down that path again.
    Thanks you very much.
    Honestly I know things have been going kind of shittyish for you and I will ONLY ADMIT THIS HERE on a forum of like 20 people and 50 lurkers, but Death and the High Cost of Living changed my dumb ass goth teen life and as much as I can't stand Gaiman now, The Sandman was a compelling comic for when it was released and I hope you can get lost in it for a minute. It's really good at that. If I could steal the ultra rare leather-bound sandman set at the school library for you and still receive a diploma, I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

8. Yeah, that's the screwed up thing, is you pay $20,000 and it still might not take. Those doctors have to post their IVF success rates on some sort of national registry. The one with the highest success rate for our age group, is located in Newport Beach, CA (2 hours from where I live) and they have a 48% success rate. So, it's basically gambling $20,000 with less than 50/50 odds. If it doesn't work the first time though, they can try again as many times as we'd like for a discounted rate of $5,000 per session.

I laughed out loud right now, reading that Yeller said "adopt you vain people." I know you're only joking, but I never looked at it in that light before. It IS kind of a vanity thing, when there are perfectly good children out there with no parents, waiting to be adopted.

I may post a wish list here, if for nothing else, to help the site get some extra change. I definitely won't be able to reciprocate though...

I'm actually off of work, because I finally snapped at one of my 8th grade students. Took them 13 years to finally get to me THIS bad. I didn't hit the kid or anything, but I screamed at him loud enough to make him complain. Believe me, the kid had it coming though. I'm the most mild mannered person ever, and this kid was in my face cussing at me every day. I called his parents and his mom was in tears, saying that her son says, "I hope you fucking die, you fucking cunt" every day. I talked to the administrator about removing the kid for the last four months. I received no help. The principal said she couldn't do anything until I wrote at least eleven referrals...and we're not allowed to write a referral until the kid displays the same behavior 3 consecutive times. Public schools have the worst support for their teachers.

EDIT - but yeah, when you get a 12 year old kid telling you to "lick his dick", and you can't do anything about it...sometimes, you're going to snap. Spoiler alert: Teaching Middle School is the worst...duh. haha.

Double Edit - Worst thing is, the kid looks like freaking Chucky. lol.
    Last edited by magnifiedplaid; 04 Dec 2018 at 11:44 PM.

Any hypothetical kid you may or may not have is doomed to an existence on the Fury Road. It's better this way. Take that Baby Money and buy me a pair of bourgeois $15 socks instead.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Any hypothetical kid you may or may not have is doomed to an existence on the Fury Road. It's better this way. Take that Baby Money and buy me a pair of bourgeois $15 socks instead.
    Fury Road is too good of a place for where this world is heading. So, yeah, maybe the $15 socks are a better investment.