Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Xbox One Backwards Compatibility

1. Xbox One Backwards Compatibility

Even though the X is #1 when it comes to power now, I'm just so used to playing things on the PS4 that that is where most of my multiplatform purchase money goes.
    If it weren't for BC, I wouldn't even turn my Xbox One on.

However, BC is a thing that exists and I've been playing on the One almost exclusively because of it.
    Here's the link to the official list of games that are backwards compatible.

The best part of BC is that not only can you play your old games, but they're often enhanced for better performance, especially on the X.
    Final Fantasy XIII went BC recently and not only did it receive a graphical bump, they replaced the original crappy cinemas the 360 was plagued with, with high res versions. The dorks at Digital Foundry have claimed it to be the definitive version.

I never played Bully, but I've heard so much about it that when I saw it was on sale for $6 over the weekend I grabbed it and played it a bit. It's PS2 roots definitely show, it seemed like I couldn't turn a corner without something loading, but it was fun.

Today, Kingdoms of Amalur, Alien vs. Predator, and Sonic Unleashed were announced to be coming to back compat. Will I play through Amalur for a third time? Probably.

Discuss what you've played, and what you'd like to see come to the platform.

I'd really love to see Afterburner Climax and Outrun Coast 2 Coast, but licensing will probably prevent that.

I played the PC version of Outrun with a fan hack to make it run in 1080p and it's awesome. Visuals aside, it's not quite as good as playing the Xbox version

3. I have ABC and never really put any time into it. Maybe I should bring the xbox to work and put it on display. I'm sure I could make a theme out of delisted games.

Oh, and as I've shared many times already- Burnout Takedown is my #1 most wanted.

4. I am planning to get a OneX for the backwards compatibility. Just waiting for the price to drop to $300 or so as I don't need to play my 360 games that badly yet.

Bullet Witch 4k would push me over the edge though.

5. The only OG XBOX game I play on XB1 is Panzer Dragoon Orta, but if they ever get BC for Otogi or DOA3, I'll be all over those too.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I'd really love to see Afterburner Climax and Outrun Coast 2 Coast, but licensing will probably prevent that.

I played the PC version of Outrun with a fan hack to make it run in 1080p and it's awesome. Visuals aside, it's not quite as good as playing the Xbox version
    Is that the "FX" mod? I never had any problem running the game in 1080p, but I installed this a mod that adds proper xbox controller support, and it's great. Of course, I've played the game with a Sega Master System controller without any complaints, but proper X-Input support is nice for the rumble and analog.

Yeah that's the mod.

7. I played through a pretty good chunk of Red Dead 1 in the week leading up to 2 coming out. Was blown away by how good it still looks after all these years (wondering whether they spruced it up for the BC version)... and then 2 made it look like dog shit on a hot sidewalk, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

8. I haven’t tried many original Xbox games on the X but Panzer Dragoon Orta was impressive in 4k.

9. I'm on the fence but I'd like to get an Xbox system just for this. Although my favorite Live game, Poker Smash, was on there but got delisted after that. If anyone knows if its still playable, please let me know. It'd probably push me over the edge at some point!

Edit: Searched around and found out that its not playable. Too bad!
    Last edited by Changeling; 01 Dec 2018 at 02:34 PM.

10. It's awesome how they've integrated this into the platform. The software engineering to emulate the entire 360 is really impressive and playing these games couldn't be easier. The catalog is huge now so that's great. A lot of the old Xbox Arcade games are available so I can boot up Geometry Wars 2 or Pac-Man CE 2 on a whim. Skate 3 was the big get a few years ago, it looks and runs well.