Page 1 of 15 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat 11

1. Mortal Kombat 11

MK11 was finally, officially announced. The cinematic trailer was pretty violent and had some continuity with the ending of MKX (Evil Raiden). I didn't think the trailer was very interesting; I just want to see gameplay. The game comes out in April and they are doing their first developer stream (which are pretty excellent) in mid-January. Seems like there might be time travel elements involved with the ending reveal of the character standing in front of a giant hourglass. You get Shao Khan if you pre-order.

Information below the linked video contains some additional information that I didn't hear anywhere else but is probably expected.

Mortal Kombat is back and better than ever in the next evolution of the iconic franchise.

The all new Custom Character Variations give you unprecedented control to customize the fighters and make them your own. The new graphics engine showcasing every skull-shattering, eye-popping moment, brings you so close to the fight you can feel it. And featuring a roster of new and returning Klassic Fighters, Mortal Kombat’s best in class cinematic story mode continues the epic saga over 25 years in the making.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

2. Best in class? SOMEBODY SLIPPIN'

3. The environment shown is totally from the first game. The monks in the stands and the body on the ground at the start with the mask is one of the guards that stood in the background with the pike. Looks like weapons are going to be more of a focus which they tried starting with 4. Can't wait to see more.

4. Rich Korinthian Leather.

5. The sleepy mumble rap really saps the energy and drama out of this trailer.

Excited for more MK though. This and DBZ are my favorite fighters to play with my Player 2.

MORTAL KOMBAT!!!

I've loved all of the Netherrealm games so far. I'll grab this day 1.

7. I wish they'd give these a little more breathing room, doesn't feel like that long since XL. Put out another gatdang Shaolin Monks inbetween main installments, now that's something we're long, long overdue for.

Though I did feel like Injustice 2 was a huge leap in Netherrealm's presentation and the fluidity of their fightmans gameplay, so I can understand where they'd be rarin' to apply the lessons learned there to MK.

8. Well, they want to keep the NRS fighting game scene going. Injustice 2 is pretty dead now. Though, maybe if they were supporting it with more content instead of developing MK11 it would have more of a following.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

I dunno, there doesn't seem to be that many people interested in the Injustice games, which is a pity since they're pretty rad. My only gripe with 2 is that it didn't have Deathstroke.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    The sleepy mumble rap really saps the energy and drama out of this trailer.

Excited for more MK though. This and DBZ are my favorite fighters to play with my Player 2.
    I don't mind this song on its own, but you're right, it doesn't go well with an MK trailer. Anyway this shows off the signature MK violence really well. I'm with sedition... we need a gameplay trailer next.