Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Moments in Games

1. Best Moments in Games

Just a fun thread to reminisce.

Best isolated moments in gaming. Things like the psycho Mantis fight in MGS. It was supremely clever at the time.

I'll start with: The upside down castle in SotN.

What was already a supreme game suddenly opened up into one of my favorite moments. "You mean I'm only half done?? I was so excited to play the rest, and the genius of the design slowly unraveled itself.
    Boo, Hiss.

2. Your mans getting laid in Golgo 13.

Super doofy scene in hindsight, quite shocking for 12 year old me. Games just didn't engage in such things.

3. In trying to think of most shocking twists, the one that stands out the most and caught me completely off guard (despite realizing how telegraphed it was upon subsequent play throughs) was Revan.
    That was an honest to god jaw drop moment for me. Goosebumps and everything.

4. I remember playing Shenmue at midnight on December 24th. I had a “wait a minute” moment when just after the clock struck 12, it started snowing and Christmas music started playing at the nearby convenience store. I then saw guys dressed as Santa Claus walking down the streets. It was a really cool added touch by Yu.

Strider - running down the snowy hill with explosions going off.

Uncharted 4 - that crazy city car chase scene.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines - the Ocean House Hotel was freaky as hell in a way most games can't pull off.

Shenmue II - The atmosphere of walking through the forest area late in the game.

Tomb Raider - T-Rex arriving on scene.

R-Type - accidentally finding the hidden Super Stage in the Sega Master System version.

Deus Ex - too many moments to list. I remember playing through the game a sixth time and finding out I could do things I didn't think were possible like saving certain characters.

Planescape: Torment - the final conversation with the Transcendent One.

6. Hearing the faint yet unmistakable orb sound when zipping around the map in Crackdown to find the final orb.

Seeing the Unreal castle flyby and seeing how much more advanced the graphics seemed than anything else.

Then System Shock 2...you know

7. Phantasy Star 1: 3 moments that are still memorable 30+ years later

1) Finding Noah
    2) Dark Falz Nightmare
    3) Finding the Laconian Sword

8. Best Moments in Games

Palom and Porom casting petrify on themselves in FF IV.

The first time a game made me truly sad.
    Boo, Hiss.

9. Shit,yeah.
    I legit cried.
    And upon playing it through again a few years ago, I wondered how the hell it affected me so much when I was a kid. It's not like there was much character development going on so I don't know why I felt so affected. Maybe because they were presented to be kids and I was a kid?

10. -the plot bombs in Phantasy Star 2.

-playing through Wiley’s castle for the first time in Mega Man 2 and not knowing what was going to happen next.

-Exiting the ruins in PSO into a serene meadow.

-run of the mill PCE shooter called God Panic. Cutesy graphics but game has a second loop with a twisted palette swap and weird industrial music.

-Ending of Silent Hill Shattered Memories.