Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    handing it to people that don't care about the source material produces billions of dollars.
    Fixed that for you

2. Aquaman is about to hit 1B and I didn't even know it was out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Fixed that for you
    ehhhh, have the recent not aquaman dc movies made more money than dead pool, guardians, etc?

4. They're all in the 600 to 700 million dollar range. Even Suicide Squad, somehow.

I maintain that Spider-verse is the best one of these that's ever been made, but it's not setting the world on fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Spiderverse is the best of these but, before I heard about how good it was, I thought it was basically a straight-to-DVD animation that somehow got big-screen release. I doubt I'm the only one who looked at it and thought along those lines, which probably accounts for a good amount of its box office being so far below Deadpool/Aquaman/Ant-Man live-action hero movie.

Being all CG, and not being aimed at 5 year old girls, probably hurt it.

7. Honestly? If it was all-CG like a Pixar/Dreamworks movie I think it would have done better. It wouldn't have looked anywhere near as great, sacrificing the comicbook style, but I'm willing to bet audiences would have given it more of a chance.

8. This movie was terrific. My favourite movie this entire year. I love how they seamlessly blended the visuals of so many styles. The end battle was particularly wonderful and collage-like. I'd love to see this movie do well. I bet they'd do a universe like the MCU with it. I mean they even acknowledged the Raimi spider movies too. The comedy was so genuinely funny. "I have good news! We don't need the monitor!" made me lol.

I saw it in IMAX and that was the right way to experience this. Will see again. Soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

9. Oh they already green lit a sequel. So who cares how much money it makes now?
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

Your mother.