Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Minotaur Arcade V.1

1. How far have you gotten? Level 37 is killing me dead constantly right now, entering it with 4 lives left. Once you get to the 30s each level is a marathon of juggling powerups and careful movement through the slower spells when all I've got is the regular gun. VR is nice but on the later levels when the board gets crowded it's mouse control all the way for me.

2. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    How far have you gotten? Level 37 is killing me dead constantly right now, entering it with 4 lives left. Once you get to the 30s each level is a marathon of juggling powerups and careful movement through the slower spells when all I've got is the regular gun. VR is nice but on the later levels when the board gets crowded it's mouse control all the way for me.
    37 and 5 lives left for me, as well. I've been playing almost exclusively in VR though. This is less a game of precision maneuvering and more of just accurately keeping track of the chaos and that's easier for me in VR.

I doubt anyone has gotten much further than that, either. You and I are at the top of the casual leaderboards on Steam. I'm confident I can go back to the late 20s and early 30s and pick up some more lives though.

EDIT: Made it to 38 but it's one of these marathon stages that goes on way too long. I'm hitting my wall. Maybe I can make it to 40.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 28 Dec 2018 at 10:43 AM.

3. No that's fine, you just be 100,000+ points higher on the leaderboard, it's ok!

4. I finally managed to brute force my way to 39 but it just feels impossible. Like I don't understand how a person can even play it at that stage. And yet, someone has shot (way) past me on the leaderboards so clearly it's doable.

EDIT: Made it through 39 by just dumping an unreasonable amount of lives. I just get brutalized the whole stage, but luckily it's short. Difficulty falls back off a bit the next level, so now I'm at 41. I've broken the million mark, which was my goal, but I'm catching up on the leaderboard so I may see if I can make it that little bit further.

EDIT #2: Okay, I'm at 49 now and it's another hell level. How many levels are there? If it's 50 I might try to go back and pick up a few more lives and push through but if it's 100 I might be tapping out. I've never actually made it to the end of a Llamasoft game before.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 03 Jan 2019 at 12:23 PM.

5. Vol. 2 has apparently evolved into an original freestanding game, but seems very much still in the style of Minotaur Arcade. But maybe with music this time?

Anyway, I'm in.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1342740/Moose_Life/

6. Definitely with music this time. All by a single artist, and I haven't heard any tracks really pop out, but still nice that it's there.

7. Jeff Minter don't quit man! I had a lot of fun with that Tempest clone that was on Vita before Atari squashed it or whatever.

8. So I really like Moose Life, but I also kind of plowed through it quickly. It's easy compared to other Llamasoft games, I was able to beat it in Normal with max lives. It's possible I'm just amazing (I have taken the leaderboard by a pretty wide margin as of right now) but considering how Tempest 4000 and Space Giraffe kicked my ass I don't think so. I don't really like playing Pure that much, since you have to wade through the kiddie pool for 15 levels or so every time, and I got all the achievements so I kind of feel like I'm out of challenges.