Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2019: Would You Buy That for a Dollar?

1. I really love that thing and I'm sorry I made fun of Vita owners but they really are perverts.

Two of my three most played games according to the Playstation 2018 in Review thing were Vita* tapes (Shiren: Tower of Fortune and Capcom Classics).

I just started Steamworld Heist on it this weekend. Kinda wish it had touch controls, but the game rules. I'm hooked.

The Capcom collections are probably my most played Vita game as well. It's great for those old CPS1 beat em ups.

3. I wish Sony hadn't gimped the PSTV so badly. There are a lot of PSP and Vita games that I would love to play on a TV.

4. #6 House of the Dead 3 (Xbox)

Suffer like G did, I did. I couldn't beat it without the gun, but I was damn close. I said fuck it and bought the Mad Catz ugly green gun and made Wheel of Fate pay. This unlocks HoTD2, which is a far superior game. The auto reload in 3 really fucks me up when I go back to 2 where precision is more important than spamming/speed.
    Last edited by kingoffighters; 22 Mar 2019 at 09:20 AM.

5. 1. Yakuza Kiwami
    I’ve bought every Yakuza since they first started coming out. The only one I ever played was a few minutes of 3, and all I did there was watch the shit in the graveyard to get the background stories. I had no idea this was an rpg! And just like an rpg the battle system was boring, and the random encounters way too frequent!
    I had fun though, just wosh the fighting was more fulfilling. Dudes were either way easy and a waste of time, or they blocked/evaded my every attack and it boiled down to can I take the dude out before I run out of healing items.

I put 98:22 hours into this. I fought 299 street battles. I reached Majima Everywhere rank SSS. I reached 71.88% completetion. The only style I didnt max out was Dragon, because I needed Majima to show up in a particular form, and after five battles with him and that not happening, I gave up and began the end game run. 45/48 aint bad though.

Now I need to know: Should I do 2 or 0 next?

6. How close are you to feeling burned out? 0 is I'd argue a slightly better game (although you do get to punch a tiger in 2) so if you think you might want to do one more than take a break I'd almost go with 0, but if you aren't feeling near burnt out I'd go with 2 and then 0.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. 2 it is.

8. I just started Yakuza 0, the beginning is fucking intense.

9. 1. Ranma ½ Datou-Ganso Musabetsu Kakutou-ryuu For the PC Engine Super CD Rom Rom

One on one fighting game that I'm calling done because you can only be one character, and I beat it with that one character and saw the credits.
    Game started out very easy, but ramped up the difficulty halfway through. You have no ranged attacks, and everyone you fight does.
    You fight Happousa a couple times throughout the game, and he's also the end boss- where he's the cheapest, snk-iest boss. He's half your height, can throw you in the middle of your attack animation, has several across the screen attacks, and can throw a bomb that explodes across almost half the screen. It took about a dozen goddamn tries, but I finally got him.

Not an overly fun game to play, but the cutscenes were cute if you're into Ranma. I liked that you could switch male/female forms on command during most of the fights. Female Ranma was the better version due to her quickness. Male Ranma was just too slow to hit most enemies.
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 03 Apr 2019 at 06:15 PM.

I finished up Popful Mail on the Sega CD using the de-Working Designs patch last night which undoes the stat changes and restores them to what the Japanese version had. Fun game, although I think it's a hair too long. It's been a long time since I played the regular version so I can't compare them that well, but this is significantly easier than I remember, which is good since IMO increasing the difficulty would not make this a better game. The last few bosses are fairly difficult, but by that point you have enough money to buy infinite healing items so it doesn't matter.