Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2019: Would You Buy That for a Dollar?

1. I remember NARC, flying limps everywhere.

2. Limbs, too!

It was of a piece with Super High Impact Football, Smash TV, and Total Carnage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Just about done with Mario 3. Playing it on Nintendo Switch NESFlix. Been a few years since I played through the whole thing; this time I wanted to play every single level (and abused the save states slightly just to save on lives). What a great freakin' game. I wish I could play Mario World on Switch next. Actually, I can't wait for Mario Maker 2.

4. 08) Rendering Ranger: R2 (SFC)
    Another good one by Turrican's designer Manfred Trenz. The run-n-gun levels aren't as explorable as Turrican, but there are a few branch points to get an extra life. During the hori shmup stages you can turn the ship to fire both ways. There's a Gradius tribute stage late in the game, complete with a speed zone & a parade of bosses.

5. 8. Minit

Your lives are capped at a minute and you do little permanent things. Cute, but I don't think it really builds up enough.

6. I rather enjoyed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Final Fantasy VII (PS4) - This was my third time beating FFVII. The first two were on PS1 so it has been around 20 years.

I really enjoyed replaying it, mostly because of the speed up toggle in the modern remaster. I don't think I could have sat through the slow animations of the original again.

8. 9. Mortal Kombat 11

This is the first of the modern NRS games that I've given an honest shot, and it's pretty fun once you get used to allllllll the unique mechanics (it kinda feels like these guys have never played a non-MK fighting game, for better and worse) and the weak animations. I really like Jax. Pretty much every hit of his is super satisfying, and landing the overhead slam krushing blow is one of the greatest things ever. Lots of single-player stuff to do, but there's no fucking way I'm grinding through getting many cosmetics kosmetics.

9. 09) The Ninja Warriors Again (SFC) Normal 836590/Kunoichi

Probably the best beat-em-up on SNES, with Kunoichi & Ninja having some great signature moves (Kunoichi using her hair as a weapon to throw enemies overhead, Ninja scorching enemies with a jetpack flare, etc. The BGM is great, even if Zuntata sat this one out. Strangely, I thought the stage 3 boss was harder than 4's or 5's. His 5 punch combo takes a big chomp off your life bar, but the blaster can break it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    9. Mortal Kombat 11

This is the first of the modern NRS games that I've given an honest shot, and it's pretty fun once you get used to allllllll the unique mechanics (it kinda feels like these guys have never played a non-MK fighting game, for better and worse) and the weak animations. I really like Jax. Pretty much every hit of his is super satisfying, and landing the overhead slam krushing blow is one of the greatest things ever. Lots of single-player stuff to do, but there's no fucking way I'm grinding through getting many cosmetics kosmetics.
    I didn't really care for Jax in the new one although he was my boy in X. They really changed up Jacqui for the better though so I can pull most of my shenanigans with her now. Weird since she was the most useless character in the roster in X.