Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2019: Would You Buy That for a Dollar?

What do you think about Echoes? I'm a FE whore but I just couldn't get into it, maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance.

2. The characters are well written, the soundtrack is really good. I feel like some of the criticism it gets in the way of mechanics is unfair. Not everyone gets to take advantage of shove and rescue, but honestly, with the way archers have been given scary range and most units have high enough move and or speed to get out of an area. Mila's Turnwheel is a bit too much imo. It prevents you from having to restart maps if someone dies or you make a move you don't like, but it kinda cheapens the experience. It's optional to use it. I personally don't like using it but I will admit that it's helpful.

The game has skills which remind me a bit of Path of Radiance. The difference is that skills are learned through weapons instead of scrolls. When you unequip a weapon you lose access to the skills but if you re-equip the weapon the skills are still there. Some characters learn permanent skills that aren't tied to weapons. Examples of that include Silque learning warp.

The map design utilizes a lot of wide open fields with a few forests scattered around in early game, but later on things get more interesting in the map department.

The world map and dungeons make it possible to grind if you're having trouble with a story map. It's easy to level characters that join at a low level.

The dungeons are an interesting change of pace. They're interesting to explore and I kinda enjoy seeing characters in Fire Emblem get money by doing their best Link impression. The dungeons hold a lot of rare items, food supplies (used to cure fatigue), each dungeon also has a Mila Idol, where you go to pray to cure fatigue or promote units once they're ready.

It's an awesome game, I hold it on the same level as Path of Radiance or Binding Blade. Binding Blade is my favorite FE game.
    Last edited by Headphone Actor; 08 Jan 2019 at 11:10 AM.
    You act as though payback makes you a noble man, is that a fact?
    Well, you're a goddamn Philistine!

3. 02. Robocop 2 (arcade) 1.549.800 1CC

Not too tough until you get to the 3rd boss. His rushing tackle & kick are a tad OP, being able to kill you in 2 or 3 hits. I got the 100% on the 2nd bonus stage, which is good for a 1-up. The 1st one is a bit harder actually- I think the targeting sight needed to be a little faster.
    RoboCop 2's 3rd-person shootouts are a nice change from the side-scroll action. Grappling is good for saving special weapons like the Cobra which trivialize the first 2 bosses.

Even with a few faults it's still worth playing.

4. Don't think I finished nearly as many as I planned last year, this year should be pretty good though.

1. Slay the Spire (PC)
    Counting this one because I finally finished with the last of the three characters (Silent was the one giving me hell). Had a really good run where I got the cards and relics to deal a butt-ton of damage really quick, and I had a card that made an enemy a bomb who did his own health as damage to friends when he died, which made the final boss (two guys with the same health) so much easier. Now there's ascension mode which I will happily get into because this game is damn good and I still have shit to unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    02. Robocop 2 (arcade) 1.549.800 1CC

Not too tough until you get to the 3rd boss. His rushing tackle & kick are a tad OP, being able to kill you in 2 or 3 hits. I got the 100% on the 2nd bonus stage, which is good for a 1-up. The 1st one is a bit harder actually- I think the targeting sight needed to be a little faster.
    RoboCop 2's 3rd-person shootouts are a nice change from the side-scroll action. Grappling is good for saving special weapons like the Cobra which trivialize the first 2 bosses.

Even with a few faults it's still worth playing.
    Can I ask you what your method is for playing these games?
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

6. He works at Galloping Ghosts.

Really? And he said nothing when dog$ and arbm were there?

8. Your mom works on Galloping Ghosts

9. 03. James Bond OO7: The Duel (Gen/MD) 1.127.070 Normal
    Some game critics out there who panned this one needed their licence to review revoked. The controls do have a slight learning curve & sometimes you need to have a bullet ready for the next enemy, but this isn't really bad at all. Just don't go in expecting it to be like Rolling Thunder.
    This has one of my favorite Matt Furniss soundtracks, especially the stage 4 theme "Space Hop" with its slick bassline & layered synths.