Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2019: Would You Buy That for a Dollar?

1. 3. Return of the Obra Dinn

Sick adventure game where you deduce how each member of a 60-something man crew died. You're given a book with a couple drawings of the collected crew, a map, a roster, and a magic stopwatch that allows you to walk around a frozen-time scene of each crew member's moment of death. There's a lot of fun untangling to do, and it all feels extremely hands-off without leaving you completely directionless thanks to little confirmation mechanics like telling you when you have groups of three correct and telling you when you for-sure have enough info to identify someone.

2. 1. Final Fantasy XIII

I don’t understand what the heck that ending means, but aside from the typical slog the end run to jrpg bosses always is, I enjoyed the heck out of this game. Will I go through it again to finish all the side missions? Probably not. But maybe someday!
    Here’s a secret shame. I’ve played Final Fantasy’s 1,2,4,6,7,9,10,11,12,13,15; but I’ve only ever finished 4 (multiple times on multiple systems) and now 13.

I can finally start DQ XI. Woo~

3. 04. Sly Spy (arcade) 779.100 1CC
    A good 007 title in everything but name. I think Data East were trying for the license but failed to get it. On the title screen, the main character looks more like John Travolta than the then-current 007 Timothy Dalton. At the end of stage 1's parachute section, you see a USA flag on the parachute rather than England- probably meant to keep the lawyers off their backs. The gameplay reminds me a lot of Rolling Thunder, only with a faster pace & no doors to hide behind.

You can point-press a little in the underwater areas with the falling mines. They're 500 a piece & keep coming down until you leave the area.

Drop-kicking the tigers to death was a blast. It takes 2 bullets... or 1 kick to kill a tiger. Before the Oddjob battle, I'll empty the gun to take him out faster with kicks. Then, just 4 hits will wipe him out.

15:40 Alas, poor Robocop.

4. Skyrim. Finished up the main quest, now just wrapping up a couple side quests.
    Boo, Hiss.

5. 2) Celeste

Everyone said to play it, no one would shut up about it, and yeah it's pretty good. I feel like they went too low quality with the character models, but the platforming it very good and the level and sound design is fucking tits. I have zero interest in getting all the strawberries or clearing out the core, though. Fuck that.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    1. Final Fantasy XIII

I don’t understand what the heck that ending means, but aside from the typical slog the end run to jrpg bosses always is, I enjoyed the heck out of this game. Will I go through it again to finish all the side missions? Probably not. But maybe someday!
    Here’s a secret shame. I’ve played Final Fantasy’s 1,2,4,6,7,9,10,11,12,13,15; but I’ve only ever finished 4 (multiple times on multiple systems) and now 13.

I can finally start DQ XI. Woo~
    XIII is the worst FF since II. It's horrible. Bad art, characers, music, story and while the battle system is actually pretty good it's just hallways and no real world building between the battles so who fucking cares?

XIII-2 actually was decent.

7. You get an A for your consistency.

8. #1 Fatal Fury Special (Neo Geo): I suck at these games so I bumped it to Easy and still took 4 credits to beat. Krauser's stage is still amazing to this day, with that symphony in the background with the best soundtrack for a boss fight.

9. I went through the New Resident Evil 2 this weekend. I can’t remember the last time I’ve plowed through a game like that.

It sets the new bar for remakes.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

10. I ended up going through Claire’s story in almost one sitting since it was my night off. What a fantastic remake. This is how you do it. Looking forward to Leon’s side now. Nice change of pace after all these open world things these days.