Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456818 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2019: Would You Buy That for a Dollar?

1. Something about seeing 9 different versions of "speed runs" of this game within a week of release makes me not want to play it. Leon A, Leon B, Claire A, Claire B, No Damage, Kiss The Zombie, Deja Vu 2019, Oh My Look What You Did, UMBRELLLAAAAAAA!!!!

That said it looks real nice.

2. I finally finished Ys VIII the other day. It's a fantastic game from beginning to end, and it took me about 50 hours to get the true ending.

3. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    #1 Fatal Fury Special (Neo Geo): I suck at these games so I bumped it to Easy and still took 4 credits to beat. Krauser's stage is still amazing to this day, with that symphony in the background with the best soundtrack for a boss fight.
    Mozart's Requiem in D Minor - Sequentia: Dies Irae

The NeoGeo CD arrange version is even better.

4. 2. Onimusha Warlords (Switch)

Just under 4.5 hours to finish with an A rank, sadly missed one little glowing thing but I'm sure I'll blaze through this again at some point. No way I'll go for all the Honors but I will have fun playing with the special costume. Fun game, hope they port the rest of them as well.

5. 05. 007: Quantum of Solace (PC)
    Used SuicideMachine's hack for 60 FPS (it normally runs at 30 like the console ones). Finished on Agent difficulty. While it's short, there's quite a bit of fun to be had. The cover & blindfire mechanics are nice. Too bad we'll probably not see any more 007 games thanks to Legends getting a bad rap. Takedown QTEs are different than on 360/PS3- instead of just pressing a button, you click a target on the enemy. This version has K&M control only... while K&M is my preference for a FPS, I don't see why they'd remove gamepad support.

6. 4. Resident Evil 2 (2019)

Fuck, this was incredible. I think that, in general, I don't really want games to get remade over and over again, but the result here is undeniably one of the best games of its kind. The core mechanics being basically RE4 plus a few key tweaks from the "classic" games (over-the-top melee attacks being gone, sub-weapons being consumable to escape grabs) leads to a good foundation. The low player health, scarce ammo, and awesome enemy behavior (like the genuinely unpredictable zombies and the relentlessness of Mr. X) all topped off with Hardcore mode's ink ribbons help keep things as tense as ever. The puzzles are light, but serve as a good pace-breaker (just like in the original). The atmosphere is through the roof, and the whole game looks surprisingly natural and consistent in a way that not even RE7 did. I am completely blindsided by how good this was.

7. 3) Kingdom Hearts 3

I am really amazed that 13 years after the second game they were able to release a game that completely feels like a direct sequal. For better or worse this looks, sounds, plays and feels like exactly what the third mainline entry should.

I might go back and grind out what I need for the best keyblade and do the hidden boss, but probably not immediately.

Edit: Turns out I grinded for the best keyblade immediately. Also at level 99 with the Unltima Keyblade the hidden boss is very easy.
    Last edited by Opaque; 10 Feb 2019 at 07:31 PM.

I agree, it's definitely fucking Kingdom Hearts 3 in every way.

That alone is pretty impressive after all this time. More than can be said for Final Fantasy.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    4. Resident Evil 2 (2019)

Fuck, this was incredible. I think that, in general, I don't really want games to get remade over and over again, but the result here is undeniably one of the best games of its kind. The core mechanics being basically RE4 plus a few key tweaks from the "classic" games (over-the-top melee attacks being gone, sub-weapons being consumable to escape grabs) leads to a good foundation. The low player health, scarce ammo, and awesome enemy behavior (like the genuinely unpredictable zombies and the relentlessness of Mr. X) all topped off with Hardcore mode's ink ribbons help keep things as tense as ever. The puzzles are light, but serve as a good pace-breaker (just like in the original). The atmosphere is through the roof, and the whole game looks surprisingly natural and consistent in a way that not even RE7 did. I am completely blindsided by how good this was.
    Sounds awesome...I can't wait to play it.

Hopefully they remake RE3 next.

Hitman - Season 1
    I liked this more than all the previous Hitman games. It has more options and more "shit hits the fan" survival moments. Players wanting to do no kill/maximum points runs will get more out of it but I'm happy just to beat the levels.