Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2019: Would You Buy That for a Dollar?

I agree, MM3 is better than 2. You know, I didn't know until fairly recently that you could use the Top Spin against the final boss with hilarious results.

2. 3 wasn't the first MM game I played through, but it was the first one I owned. The Doc Robot fights against MM2 boss 'spirits' were really cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Dokurobot was a play on dokuro and robot. They should have been translated as Skull Robots but I guess someone thought Doku was Doc.

3 is pretty dang good but I love 2 more.

Trying to finish up the trophies in MonHun World before the expansion, but the crowns make it annoying.

100%ed Read Only Memories 2064. It's a shameless homage to Snatcher by what I have to assume is a team of gay furries. One of the first games that made me uncomfortable by pushing the "good" dialogue options to have what I assumed was my male MC seduce male NPCs. I wonder if similar choices in other games make women feel uncomfortable in the same way. There wasn't a no thank you but I'm flattered option, you're either mean or sucking their dick.

Played it on the PS4 and Vita and they're strangely inconsistent between versions despite being the most basic looking pixel game. PS4 is better for getting the endings since you can triangle fast forward all the conversations, but the shooting games like the arcade game or ending sequence felt better on the Vita. Weird.

4. Doc Robot is cooler.

My understanding from how ROM ties in to VA11-HALL-A is that you're playing as a lady who knocked boots with a lady from that game. It's very modern.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 11 Mar 2019 at 10:50 PM.

I love Snatcher but I think I only made it half an hour into ROM 2064 before stopping.

6. I liked it! The music was good, I wanted to see where it was going. I am a Snatcher mark though.

This sounds relevant to my interests.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    I love Snatcher but I think I only made it half an hour into ROM 2064 before stopping.
    I feel that the whole game lives or dies based on Turing's performance since he's so prevalent as your helper, and the actor nails it.

There's really good world building and the ending sequence was really cool. I'm glad I stuck it out with the game, but I totally see why people would bounce off.

I don't think I'd go for the physical release of this one, though. The Vita version is pretty buggy and crashes from time to time, which combined with no auto save is like the exact perfect way to totally fuck me over.

9. On week one of the PlayStation 4 release I had a really bad crash and emailed the developers about it, actually had a pretty good back and forth conversation and on the next update the crash was fixed. They're a small team, but they seemed pretty eager to make things right.

10. Probably the best customer service experience I've ever had with a video game, honestly.