Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 414161718192022 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2019: Would You Buy That for a Dollar?

1. 16. Donkey Kong (Game Boy)

I was gonna beat Mole Mania, but I lost my save halfway through. This and my Super Game Boy 2 arrived, so I just went ahead and started this. Excellent game. It's cool to see all the Mario 64 moves that came from this slower approach to a 2D Mario, and while I think there are some weak stages in here (there are a ton, after all), most of the game strikes a really cool balance between puzzle and action that you don't really see in other Mario games. The final boss was no joke, either. It was also neat to see all the Super Game Boy enhancements, I guess this is one of the games that takes most advantage of it.
    Last edited by Tain; 14 Jul 2019 at 05:10 PM.

DK Gameboy is the best game. I never played it back in the day but grabbed it when it came out on 3DS VC, and loved it so much I went out and found a cart. Still play it all the time.

It really is!

Finished Giga Wrecker Alt on Switch. It was not the best game. It's kinda ugly and has finnicky controls. Some of the puzzles are neat to figure out. The boss fights are cool, but the controls definitely get in the way.

4. 17. Blazing Chrome

Single-credit clear on Normal. Fuckin great game. Such a well-done, cohesive look (I guess the devs were aiming for Salamander 2 hardware), both in terms of technical decisions and just having good-ass pixel art. Dope bosses, dope weapons. It's a bit longer than most arcade-style games and the best console Contras, but it rarely ever drags. Melee is fun as hell, hardcore mode seems cool and maybe the unlocked characters are pretty unique?

5. Searching For 380 Ammo

Searching for best deals for 380 Ammo at affordable price. Ammo Board covers all your ammunition needs for Rifles, Handguns Shotguns & Rimfire Ammo, We have the best quality Ammo and top brands are available. We also provide 9mm ammo, 22lr ammo,17 hmr ammo and more. We do provide latest offer with convenient deals for on your website. Visit website for any information. Or call us today!

6. Searching For 380 Ammo

<span id="docs-internal-guid-414b8947-7fff-f615-2b85-2336ebc7a810"><p dir="ltr" style="line-height:1.38;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;"><span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: Arial; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent; font-variant-numeric: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;">Searching for best deals for <a data-cke-saved-href="https://www.ammoboard.com/handgun-ammo/380-auto/" href="https://www.ammoboard.com/handgun-ammo/380-auto/">380 Ammo</a> at affordable price. </span><span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: Verdana; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: transparent; font-variant-numeric: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;">&nbsp;Ammo Board covers all your ammunition needs for Rifles, Handguns Shotguns &amp; Rimfire Ammo, </span><span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: Arial; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent; font-variant-numeric: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;">We have the best quality </span><span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: Verdana; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: transparent; font-variant-numeric: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;">Ammo </span><span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: Arial; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent; font-variant-numeric: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;">and top brands are available. We also provide <a data-cke-saved-href="https://www.ammoboard.com/handgun-ammo/9mm/" href="https://www.ammoboard.com/handgun-ammo/9mm/">9mm ammo</a>, <span id="docs-internal-guid-603fc2a2-7fff-1277-98bd-ab67a7b8b905"><span style="font-size: 11pt; background-color: transparent; font-variant-numeric: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; vertical-align: baseline;">22lr ammo,</span></span></span><span style="background-color: transparent; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial; font-size: 11pt; white-space: pre-wrap;">17 hmr ammo</span><span style="background-color: transparent; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial; font-size: 12pt; white-space: pre-wrap;"> and more. We do provide latest offer with convenient deals for on your website. Visit website for any information. Or call us today!</span></p><div><span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: Arial; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent; font-variant-numeric: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;"><br></span></div></span>

7. I don't normally post, but I finished the main game of DQIV this morning on the DS. Fun little adventure, the end boss with his 7 forms took for ever, but really wasn't too annoying. Well except for that final form, but even that wasn't too bad. I miss classic RPGs like this, going to try to get the post game stuff finished up in the next day or two and then jump in DQV on the DS.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

8. 18. Super Mario Maker 2

This has a surprisingly good series of pre-made levels strung together through a very simple castle building theme. I was surprised by a few level elements that this game gives you, and I'm kinda glad I saw them in Nintendo's framing before I saw them in random online levels. Endless mode seems alright to kill time with, and the map editor is as full of cool little touches as I would expect, but most of my time with this has made me want to play the original games that the themes are based off of.

Played through Ninja Warriors on Switch, the original arcade game. It's a lot of fun, but I've always been a fan of Spartan-X type beat em ups. There's something with these 3 screen Taito games that make the graphics look higher res and really crisp. I'm super into it.

Watch the 1cc clear on replay burners, there's some hilarious shit they get up to in there.

10. I'm bummed Ninja Warriors Once Again got bumped a month for no discernable reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!