Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 515171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2019: Would You Buy That for a Dollar?

I got a PS Mini (again) a couple of weeks ago when it hit $20 and hacked it. The hack works much better now so why not play through Symphony of the Night again, right? I wasn't trying to do a serious playthrough, but I went from level 30 to level 60 in an hour in the inverted castle, and then just steamrolled through the rest of the inverted castle. I wasn't intending to break the game, but that was kinda fun.

2. 12) Hagane (SNES)
    Finished the 1st loop on a 1-credit run, then reached stage 4-1 of the 2nd.

13) Splatterhouse (AC)

14) Majyu-ou (SFC)
    Used the King of Demons translation. Got the bad ending.

15) Seirei Senshi Spriggan (PCE)
    Compile has done better shmups but this is still worthy of their name. Anyway, it seems like a 2-1 weapon combo with blue-red is a bit OP. This one gives you a 3 way shot with a circle shield that's a bit too effective at negating the enemy bullets. You don't need anything else!

16) Super Aleste (SFC)
    The Japanese version is best. Things like the good storyline with an amazing intro, some of the BGM, & the SD artwork at the option screen got removed from the USA & EU versions. As for the BGM that got deleted, one of the tracks has a part similar to New Order's Blue Monday... maybe the western publisher Toho got scared of a copyright issue? Honestly, I like this one a bit more than Spriggan. Unlike Spriggan, none of the weapons feel like they can break the game.

17) Giga Wing Generations (AC)
    Working on it once again. I'll see how far I can take this.

18) Trails of Cold Steel (PS4)
    Downloaded my PS3/Vita save on Hard difficulty which left off at chapter 3 a few weeks ago, then finished it just now. If you resume from a downloaded save, you can get some bonuses. This is another good version that holds 60 FPS most of the time & is fairly close to the PC one, just missing the no-limit draw distance.

3. Completion Thread 2019: Would You Buy That for a Dollar?

Bloodstained. Now just mopping up that last couple map percentage. Good game. I give a B+.
    Boo, Hiss.

4. I completed the Hearts of Stone expansion for the Witcher 3 (PC) this morning and have started the Blood and Wine campaign.

5. 19. The Ninja Warriors Once Again

This is such a weird one. Like Wild Guns Reloaded, the amount of effort that went into this game is huge, but you may not necessarily notice if you haven't played the original recently. The reworked pixel art is fantastic and has a lot of huge new enemy sprites, smooth animations, backgrounds with less tiling, and so on. The new moves and characters bring a ton of mechanical variety, too, and maybe Hard mode is really different? I've just unlocked the characters with a couple playthroughs so far, but I look forward to trying to 1cc on Hard.

20. Batman (Game Boy)

How can you not laugh looking at this little Batman sprite? Like the FC and MD games, this is a pretty short action-platformer. The difficulty curve here is actually fairly solid, and I weirdly loved the final autoscroll section? It's kinda lame that there's mostly only one repeated boss fight, but it kinda makes up for it by having a better scrolling shooter section. Definitely better than the Mega Drive game and definitely not as good as the Famicom game.
    Last edited by Tain; 07 Aug 2019 at 11:38 PM.

Hey, you forgot the best thing about Batman. That music really makes the GB sound chip sing.

7. True, it's a real good soundtrack

8. Well I finally achieved the rank of fishing Guru in BDO. In game playtime... 484 days.

guru.jpg

Also got the platinum trophy in MK11 awhile ago.
    Last edited by sedition; 09 Aug 2019 at 01:15 AM.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

9. Black Desert Online. Korean developed MMO. It does a lot of stuff right and a lot of stuff wrong. My main problem is the end-game is primarily PvP focused.

An Xbox version came out recently and a PS4 version is in beta. Don't play the game, but yeah... if you do, play on the PC.
    Last edited by sedition; 11 Aug 2019 at 02:41 PM.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.