Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1121232425

Thread: Completion Thread 2019: Would You Buy That for a Dollar?

1. Ok time to dump the last 11 games in post.

14) Firewatch

I fucking love everything about this game amd replayed it in an afternoon just to experience the visuals and story again. If you've never played it, just pick a lazy day off and crank it out in one sitting. You won't regret it.

15) Borderlands 3

Honestly, I'll play an mainline Borderlands game day one forever so long as they stay this quality. They don't even need to improve. The story is whatever, but the dialogue is funny, the gunplay is good, the massive amount of customization and weapon variety makes every boss fight, even repeated 50 times, a gratification machine. I killed the Grave boss about 100 times with a Torgue shotgun on my vanishing Fl4k build and have 150+ of the extra levels and way too many guns. It was great.

16) Link's Awakening

The Switch port looks great, plays way better than the original, and is basically 15 hours of no filler. A good time.

17) Untitled Goose Game

The meme is real and the game is fun for the cost. It's free on gamepass now which makes it even more worth it.

18) Dead Rising 4

I just wanted a Halloween appropriate game I hadn't played, and this was a good time. I understand the fans didn't like this game but I had the most of any Dead Riaing game since the first with this one.

19) The Outer Worlds

Ok, this isn't New Vegas, it won't last you 200 hours, if you're like me and don't replay games it will be a 30 hour experience TOPS. It's still the best RPG that came out this year. The variety and weight of decisions is fantastic and I hope that with Obsidian being part of the Microsoft Studios thing now they can have the budget to give this level of detail to a full AAA game and make an Outer Worlds 2 that's Fallout sized.

20) Death Stranding

This game MGSV with a different coat of paint. It's to MGSV what Fallout 3 is to Oblivion. If you liked MGSV and also like resource management games, this is up your alley. I don't know what the fuck a "strand type game" is supposed to mean, but basically you exists in am isntmaced world where other real world players can leave things for you to interact with and vica versa. It's neat. I fucking loved it. Maybe you should not play it though.

21) FFVIII Remaster

I played with all the cheats on, did tons of the card game, finished the whole thing in like 20 hours. 10/10 would listen to Blue Hills anytime.

22) Healo Reach

They made it all updated on the MCC so I replayed it followed by

23) Halo CE

24) Halo 2

25) Nier: Automata

Ok this game is wierd. I was so fucking bored with the second playthrough, I just blasted through as quickly as I could, but the "third" playthrough is where it gets really good. I got all the real endings up through "E" and then when you had the option to delete your save forever I was like "yeah that's fine I want to start Pokemon anyway and this will force my hand".

2. Time Spinner. It’s on Gamepass and I seen it was like Symphony of the Night so I gave it a download. It’s obviously not as good as Castlevania but it was surprisingly well done! Give it a shot!
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

3. Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiMoogle View Post
    Time Spinner. It’s on Gamepass and I seen it was like Symphony of the Night so I gave it a download. It’s obviously not as good as Castlevania but it was surprisingly well done! Give it a shot!
    Good tip, I have been wanting to play another Metroidvania since Bloodstain.

4. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Good tip, I have been wanting to play another Metroidvania since Bloodstain.
    For some reason I don’t think it shows up in the gamepass tab, just search the store for it. Something about it being on the PC gamepass but still works on Xbox.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

5. Realized I never posted one for this:

32. Jedi: Fallen Order

Like Sekiro, Fallen Order takes a lot from the Souls games but leans more on the action, just giving you a very simple skill tree. It kind of reminds me of an older Ys game in terms of giving you just enough item progression, character progression, and map freedom to make it feel like a grand adventure without actually becoming amorphous. The hardest difficulty feels pretty balanced and combat does a good job of flexing the movelist, but in a tonally appropriate move the game ditches the obscurity of Dark Souls by giving you a clear and friendly automap. The setting generally focuses on the cool parts of Star Wars and the ending stretch is incredible.

The only real downsides are rough edges related to animation. This was a shockingly good first game of its kind from Respawn.