Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8182021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2019: Would You Buy That for a Dollar?

1. Control. Another crazy Remedy game. Overall it has the best combat of all the games they made but the story is bananas. I liked Quantum Break more but Control is more refined and the better game overall.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

2. I played through Quantum Break a few months ago too and liked it a lot as well. Lack of enemy types is the biggest gameplay problem. Upgrading and stacking the special skills meant you could do crazy things but there wasn't enough applications for them (the bad framerate on OG xbox One is a major bummer too).
    Last edited by Rumpy; 04 Sep 2019 at 08:12 PM.

3. 19) Trails of Cold Steel II (PS4)
    Finished it on Hard mode. On the PS4 Pro it has some frame rate drops that are annoying but not a deal killer. The PS4 ToCS II has all the extra voiced dialogue of the PC version. One nice thing is that this version includes all the DLC that costs extra on PC/PS3/Vita.
    The worst FPS drops happen in Lunaria Nature Park, and when there's fog in Legram.

4. I've been thinking about getting into ToCS games, but there's so much dialog. I got the first one on Vita and put a few hours into it but all the dialog really turned me off. If I don't care about the story can I skip most of it and just enjoy the gameplay?
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. 24. Astral Chain

There's a lot to like here between the remote-control Legion mechanics and the aesthetic (this is probably the best-looking Platinum game, the effects work is ridiculous), and the character progression stuff mercifully doesn't have a giant impact, but there's soooo much weak town busywork weighing the game down between the action parts. Retry structure is also pretty lame. I wouldn't put it on the same page as most of Platinum's other games.

6. Not even if the page had Mad World, Anarchy Reigns, Legend of Korra, Transformers, Star Fox Zero, and TMNT Mutants in Manhattan?

7. #9 Gears 5 (Experienced)

I thought Open World in a Gears game would be dumb, but Coalition proved me wrong. They handled it pretty well and the open world sections are only 2 of the 4 acts. Kait is a conflicted protagonist and I enjoyed her story, it is too bad that the game ends in a cliff hanger so we have to wait a few more years for her saga to finish. The game is tough (on harder difficulties), I died a shit ton in various sections where they throw all kinds of enemies at you. You can't just sit there and pop and hide like old gears. If you don't move or plan ahead, you will likely get rushed. I suggest keeping the long shot at all times and I didn't find the Boom Shot all that helpful in the campaign.

Now I just need to play more multiplayer with TNL and party like 2006.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Not even if the page had Mad World, Anarchy Reigns, Legend of Korra, Transformers, Star Fox Zero, and TMNT Mutants in Manhattan?
    It's better than Mad World, Korra, and TMNT easily. It's only probably better than Transformers and Star Fox Zero, but I like those games.

9. 9. Man of Medan (PS4)

This felt like a shorter experience than Until Dawn, but definitely refined to feel more fluid and interesting. It relied on jump scares for some of it's major frights but the ambiance and feel are really well done and make you feel pretty uneasy throughout. I managed to get everyone to the VERY end, where I messed up on the final QTE and lost one guy. The story at that point just kind of ended, much more of a "Huh, thats it?" than a satisfying end, but I'm guessing I really didin't get the good ending since you can make it through with any amount of characters, or even none of them surviving. It looks excellent, the sound design had me on the edge of my seat through most of it, and the QTEs felt less obtrusive and frequent than in other games of the style. All in all, since it's the first story in a planned Anthology, I thought it was priced nicely at $30 and worth the experience. I played through it with my wife and she really enjoyed it as well. I'm looking forward to going back through to see how things can play out differently, and I'm excited about the next story they'll bring (there is a teaser after the end).

10. Super Metroid (Switch)

Felt great on the system, in general I didn't mind the "dpad" but would use the stick when doing wall jumps because it just works better. 4.1 hours and 85% item completion, that's about as high as I've ever got it since I was a kid so I have no idea where the other stuff I missed is at but that's ok. One of my top 5 games ever for sure.

10. I played through Man of Medan with my family and we lost the boat captain. Ending was kinda meh so I went on youtube and saw that there are lots of endings so i'll do a solo playthrough in October along with Until Dawn.