Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 57891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing 2019: Alpha Edition

1. Tried a buncha stuff (that I probably won't finish)
    DMC5 - really dug it
    Sekiro - so beautiful but way too hard for me
    Outward - meh
    Cat Quest - surprisingly fun and addictive for a light RPG
    Mario 3 - so good
    Lost Levels - ... haven't played since all stars
    Cook Serve Delicious - the fiancee is obsessed.
    Mario Party - the fiancee is obsessed.
    Smash Bros Ultimate - a few nights a week with my buddy and going strong. never tried to play a game so competitively before. i'm not great, but it's great fun

2. I've been playing a couple of old games on Switch.

Darksiders: Warmastered Edition - I can't believe I've ignored this series for as long as I have. I've looked at it before and thought I would enjoy it as it's basically a mix of Zelda and Prince of Persia (also reminds me of Legacy of Kain fairy often) but I never knew I would get into it as much as I am right now. I seriously like this game and the Switch port seems pretty solid.

Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD - I played this game 3 or 4 times back on the PS2. I picked up the PS3 HD release but sadly never got around to touching it. The Switch version caught my attention, however. Being able to play this hybrid was too tempting. There's also the fact that I love the Pro Controller. Going from the PS2 version to this is a shocking difference. From what I've seen, it looks pretty much identical to the PS4 version. It's a shame they didn't make use of the HD rumble or add anything other than touchscreen healing between battles, but it's fine.
    I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.

3. That remaster looks nice and all, but how is it that:

1. None of the console versions has the fast forward feature the Steam one has.

2. You STILL can't skip the cutscenes. On any of them!

I recently got the PS3 version and it seems to let you skip (some but not all) cutscenes in X-2 but not X.

5. I love FFX at the time, but I can't imagine playing it now. So just skip the entire game.

6. I picked up Jupiter and Mars based on the Rez vibes and excellent soundtrack, and regretted it almost immediately. Clumsy, boring game.

7. I picked up cheese doodles based on the cheese curl vibes and regretted it almost immediately. Dry, salty snack.

8. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post

2. You STILL can't skip the cutscenes. On any of them!
    I noticed that, and yeah, it's shocking at this point.
    I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.

9. Final Fantasy XIV.

Any of you play it?

I finished the story mode of Mortal Kombat 11 last night. Man, that was fucking nuts.