Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing 2019: Alpha Edition

1. Metro Exodus on PC. I have this game on 2 different PCs. The old one in the living room has my old 2500K @4.8 Ghz, 16GB of DDR3-1600 and an EVGA GTX 780 Classified. The best I could run the game at was 1080p, medium settings with physx turned off. My GPU was overclocked to 1241Mhz with +500Mhz on the memory. I had to turn on V-Sync to lighten the load on my GPU, as it was hitting 78c and throtting down to 1228. The game still looks pretty good on those settings. My main rig has a 4790K@4.8Ghz, 16GB of DDR3-2133 and an EVGA 1080 Classified. I had the GPU clocked at 2100Mhz with +600Mhz on the memory. The game was running pretty well on Ultra @1440p, until I hit the train depot and the room caught on fire.The frame rates dropped into the 40s and it felt more like high 20s because of how slow the flames were moving. I might have to turn off physx, or throw my old GTX 670 in to run that. I've also thought about dropping it down to the high settings to keep the fps above 60.

I'm liking the game so far. It's much more engaging than Metro 2033 or Last Light. There's less roaming around the base to talk to people and resupply, and more action in the open world. The story is getting pretty interesting as well.

2. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Metro Exodus on PC. I have this game on 2 different PCs. The old one in the living room has my old 2500K @4.8 Ghz, 16GB of DDR3-1600 and an EVGA GTX 780 Classified. The best I could run the game at was 1080p, medium settings with physx turned off. My GPU was overclocked to 1241Mhz with +500Mhz on the memory. I had to turn on V-Sync to lighten the load on my GPU, as it was hitting 78c and throtting down to 1228. The game still looks pretty good on those settings. My main rig has a 4790K@4.8Ghz, 16GB of DDR3-2133 and an EVGA 1080 Classified. I had the GPU clocked at 2100Mhz with +600Mhz on the memory. The game was running pretty well on Ultra @1440p, until I hit the train depot and the room caught on fire.The frame rates dropped into the 40s and it felt more like high 20s because of how slow the flames were moving. I might have to turn off physx, or throw my old GTX 670 in to run that. I've also thought about dropping it down to the high settings to keep the fps above 60.

I'm liking the game so far. It's much more engaging than Metro 2033 or Last Light. There's less roaming around the base to talk to people and resupply, and more action in the open world. The story is getting pretty interesting as well.
    Blah blah blah nerd speak . I just play the game on my box that runs in 4k but a solid 30fps and I don’t have to screw around with any settings.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

3. What do you think about the game so far?

I can’t imagine playing this style of game at 30 FPS.
    Last edited by gamevet; 02 Mar 2019 at 06:48 PM.

4. I’m enjoying it. I like the slower pace of these games and the settings. I feared the open world would wreck this series but it’s smaller bite size open worlds and I’m ok with that. Not every game needs to have a stupid amount of shit to do like Assassins creed. The game stays more focused on the story with less questions marks on the map to find. I liked the first 2 games and so far this is a good sequel.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

5. I did not enjoy playing Assassin's Creed. I honestly can't believe that they've managed to keep people buying them.

6. I find the gameplay is *really dull* in that kind of modern AAA findalltheshitathon, but people eat it up. Our 22yo roomate loves that stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. I'm enjoying Devil May Cry 5 so far, but Nero's haircut and Dante's old man look have yet to grow on me.
    I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.

8. Persona 5 is great! I have to tear myself away from it.

9. Want a mostly non spoilering hint considering what confidants to go after first?
    the teacher, the doctor, and the fortune teller
    they all have perks that help with dungeon exploring/recovery/stat increases

10. Nice nice. I figured the doctor was going to be v. important for SP right off the bat.