Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 810111213 LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing 2019: Alpha Edition

1. Less random bots in this thread, also it's not 2018 so I'm posting in here.

Once again I'm playing too many games. I'm relatively close to finishing some of them but more games just keep coming out and holy crap I gotta play em.

1. Indivisible (PC) Well this game does a lot of things right. It looks wonderful, animation is nice and I enjoy moving about the environments. Combat is interesting, kinda fun, kinda one note though. I've reached a point with a long, LONG fuckin boss battle that I made it through several stages of only to die and get sent back to the very beginning. This is how dying at a boss works, I get it, but it took me what felt like forever to get as far as I did (fight, then dialogue, then fight, then dialogue, then fight, then die and start over) and when I had to restart I just turned it off instead. I'll git gudder and go back to it soon but it put a sour taste in my mouth and I was fine walking away from it for a week or two.

2. Undermine (PC) Really fun roguelike dungeon crawler with persistent upgrades. I think it might still be in early access, feels pretty close to finished though. The bosses of each area stay dead after you kill them the first time, which is a bit of an odd choice given that you'll be going back through the areas on subsequent runs, I wish there was at least an option to fight them again. I've made it to the third area's boss but not past, the difficulty definitely picks up as you descend. Really enjoyable game, very easy to lose an hour or two to it at a time.

3. SFV (PC) They made a (kinda wonky lookin) ASURA costume for Kage so I had to get that. I really hoped he would be a playable character even back in USF4, and although this doesn't change any moves it's the closest I'll get to enjoying Asura in a fighting game outside of the horrible DLC fights in Asura's Wrath. Also made me realize I'm pretty shit with Kage.

4. Bladed Fury (PC) A really pretty side scroller with fun combat and interesting moves. Game feels tight in all the right places. Seems like it might be kinda short as I blazed through the first 3 levels in an hour and a half, but it's very enjoyable. Price was right, too.

5. The Messenger (PC) I've been plunking away at this for a while! I thought when I first reached the Tower of Time that I was nearing the end, BOY HOWDY was I wrong! This game has been fun, funny, and interesting all the way through. I'm currently collecting power seals (which I didn't care about at first but now I'm gunna get em all) and music notes to open up whatever area that goes to. I have even enjoyed listening to the unskippable, I Told You I Was Going To Talk Your Ear Off If You Keep Pressing A moments with the shopkeeper. The game is just super tight and fun. Excellent music, it gets stuck in my head for hours. I really like to play it for an hour then walk away and think about coming back to it a day later or whatever, it makes it feel even longer. Plus there was free DLC released that I haven't even been to yet? Score!

6. Chrono Trigger (PC) Sure I've played through this many times and there are newer games out there to be playing, but I love it and of course it plays great on here, plus I never saw those animated cutscenes before and those are nice. I saved just outside the Magus fight last night, and mistakenly took him on while falling asleep. I did that little nod off in my chair thing for a minute and woke up decimated. I'll get him though!

7. Borderlands 3 (PS4) I went with the Gunner Moze (?) because everyone on my friends list was playing Flak, and I mean I want to play with him too but I'll play with them all eventually I'm sure so whatever. Being able to call out my own big robot suit to hop into and destroy shit is very fun. The whole game is just more Borderlands, and that's all you need to know to know whether or not you'll like it. The humor falls a little flatter this time around, but it's essentially the same stuff. Get loot to kill bigger things to get better loot to kill bigger things to get better loot. Lots of numbers. Lots of colors and explosions. Lots of blood and gibs. Lots of shouting. Good times, I'm definitely enjoying it. Respec is handled well I think, being able to purchase it for a measly sum, which means I don't feel remorse about putting all my points into 1 of the 3 trees specific to my character since it can be changed at any time.

8. Man of Medan (PS4) Still playing this in various ways to try and see all the endings. Made it out with having all the guys die and all the ladies live on the last attempt. Apparently you can do that by failing absolutely every single quick time event BESIDES THE LAST ONE and ignoring ALL dialogue choices. That was basically a move from point a to point b playthrough and I was able to do it in a few hours, but I still enjoyed it. I'm not even sure how I'm going to kill all the ladies while the guys survive. But I loved these kinda games so it'll be fun trying. Definitely going to replay Until Dawn this month thanks to this game.

9. Gato Roboto (PC) What a delightful little game. Feels pretty short but what's there is jam packed with good movement and fun times. Also it was like a buck fifty. Cats and mechs in Metroid style. Dig it.

10. Jurassic World Evolution (PC) It was on sale and I finally bit. It's like super light Simcity aspects plus dinosaurs. I enjoy raising the dinosaurs and having one main enclosure where I keep all the carnivores and herbivores together. Yeah my JP experience is a total bloodbath. They got Jeff Goldblum to do a bunch of dialogue, and that annoying redhead from the newer movies also talks a lot, but Chris Pratt stayed far away so they got Budget Chris to come in and sound "similar", which made me laugh. Not a great game, but entertaining for $13.

11. Sekiro (PC) I went and killed the Demon of Hatred finally and now it's just Isshin at the end but he's a piece of shit and I don't enjoy the fight with him and I definitely keep dying. A lot. I really loved most of this game, it has some of my favorite areas in the Soulsborne-iro series but some of the fights just suck. I keep putting it down for a month (or months) and then coming back, but I will finish it someday and I will finish it a second time and I will get all the achievements but I'm not worried about doing it any time soon.

12. Valfaris (PC) Very cool pixel art style to this game, very Heavy Metal-ish, great soundtrack that fits it's style real well. Bloody shooting and slashing with some challanging platforming sections, and so far some really cool bosses. I definitely dig this. Lots of different guns, I'm only like an hour and a half in and I've probably unlocked 6 new ones. Hasn't made me throw the controller in frustration yet but it's a challenge in spots for sure. Also pixel titties right from the get go!

13. Darkest Dungeon (PC) Started a new run of this game, I'm really not good at it (or I make terrible choices in it) but I do enjoy it so I keep coming back. I've never come close to "completing" a run but something about it keeps me thinking I could do it someday.

14. No Mans Sky (PC) Also started a new game of this. The updates and new features since I last played a few months after release are huge, seems like they really tried to listen to the criticisms and address things. I especially love the terraforming tool because since Red Faction I've really liked making tunnels through the environment and this thing works fast.

Also playing: Smash Bros Ultimate, Mario Maker 2 (just "beat" Story mode), Zelda LttP, Breath of Fire, Flashback on Switch.

2. Sekiro is a bitch, it owns me hard.

3. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Sekiro is a bitch, it owns me hard.
    I fought all the way to the end with owl daddy that shoots lightning. I stopped at that point and haven’t been back. I’ve never just quit a game at the end like that.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

4. Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    Less random bots in this thread, also it's not 2018 so I'm posting in here.
    1. Indivisible (PC) Well this game does a lot of things right. It looks wonderful, animation is nice and I enjoy moving about the environments. Combat is interesting, kinda fun, kinda one note though. I've reached a point with a long, LONG fuckin boss battle that I made it through several stages of only to die and get sent back to the very beginning. This is how dying at a boss works, I get it, but it took me what felt like forever to get as far as I did (fight, then dialogue, then fight, then dialogue, then fight, then die and start over) and when I had to restart I just turned it off instead. I'll git gudder and go back to it soon but it put a sour taste in my mouth and I was fine walking away from it for a week or two.
    5. The Messenger (PC) I've been plunking away at this for a while! I thought when I first reached the Tower of Time that I was nearing the end, BOY HOWDY was I wrong! This game has been fun, funny, and interesting all the way through. I'm currently collecting power seals (which I didn't care about at first but now I'm gunna get em all) and music notes to open up whatever area that goes to. I have even enjoyed listening to the unskippable, I Told You I Was Going To Talk Your Ear Off If You Keep Pressing A moments with the shopkeeper. The game is just super tight and fun. Excellent music, it gets stuck in my head for hours. I really like to play it for an hour then walk away and think about coming back to it a day later or whatever, it makes it feel even longer. Plus there was free DLC released that I haven't even been to yet? Score!
    I played the Indivisible demo way back and I thought it was pretty cool. I really loved Valkyrie Profile and it's combat system was very reminiscent of that. I need to check it out.

I finished the Messenger over the summer. I thought it was fun and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I got of the power seals. I knew about the DLC but I think I've had my fill of the game for now. Let us know if it's any good.

5. There's a big Halloween sale on Steam. Have you got smth new?

6. I went back to Bloodborne for the holidays. Sekiro's still in my mind, it's hard for me to switch between all these Souls games. Sekiro's combat really makes you feel good when you're riding on top of the wave, bosses go down quick. If you're only 95% there, you're still struggling, but at 100% it's over in a moment.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

7. I grabbed Double Dragon IV from the sale. It's stupid easy so far. All you have to do is hang out at the bottom of the screen, and the enemies can't hit you there.

8. I’ve been upgrading the servers at CVS after hours. I’ve been taking my PSP along for the ride, because I have to wait several hours for the files to backup and then load onto the new server. I’ve been playing the Metal Slug Anthology and Gran Turismo on the little handheld that still rocks.

9. Picked up Blood: Fresh Supply (AKA remaster of the original Blood), and so far it's a great game. Can't believe I'm only playing this now.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. Playing Nioh on PS2. I'm near the last boss, debating whether to start the DLC or just wait till the sequel drops in March. I like it, but the levels get boring sometimes. Inventory management really gets tedious. Which is a shame because the weapon styles and abilities are a lot of fun! I just wish it was easier to experiment with them.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood