Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul - February 2019 Sexy Edition

1. 76 taints everything Good deal... seriously considering

2. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    We just recently got a Shark Navigator to replace our Shark that we’ve had for about 8 years.
    Sharks are great! We are old too. I wear it with pride lol!

I picked up a Qanba Q4 stick. It's a cherry red beauty. Too bad it doesn't light up. Has Sanwa parts though.

3. So picked up a PS VR at Cost from my old boss. $200.00 I think is a great deal.

I'll be honest here.

I've never thought much about VR since I figured it was still a "Gimmick" of sorts. Got it all hooked up and ready to go and I realized that this thing requires the PS Camera.

Wonderful.

Did a quick run to Walmart and got one and finally started setting it up.

Taking it out of the box alone was a surreal thing seeing as it's packed up like you're opening an expensive piece of jewelry.

PS Logos all over boxes packed within boxes.

Labeled cables and cords.

So I already had Tetris Effect but I decided to try the demo disc 1st. With the earbuds and the headset all ready to go I can't recall the last time I was literally draw into an experience like this. I felt literally closed off from everything around me and just messed around with the demo disc for a good 30 minutes before finally putting in Tetris.

Suffice to say the difference in VR compared to looking at it on my TV just blew me away. It makes me wish I'd bought this thing sooner as I feel like I missed out on a lot of great games for it. I'm curious if any of you guys who own this can recommend any titles worth getting.

I did a quick search on PS VR titles and was surprised how much Sony went all in with this fucking thing seeing as there are a fuck ton of games you can get for it.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 13 Feb 2019 at 04:09 PM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

4. I have been eyeing the PSVR as well, I keep hoping it will drop another $50 or so since this gen is at the tail end.

5. So far the only game that makes me think "Man, I'd have really missed out on this if I didn't get PSVR" is Beat Saber.

Various shades of disappointment for everything else. Creed is Wii Boxing and Borderlands 2 is a chore to control. Even Tetris kinda sucks in VR. The constant aliasing on the pieces is gross (maybe Pro corrects this?). Wipeout was neat if a little nauseating, but I found I could play much, much better on my TV than on VR. Thumper was the opposite: the depth VR affords makes it easier and more fun to play; it's the definitive way to play the game. The problem is the game isn't very interesting to begin with.

Catlateral Damage's VR is completely broken. It was a $3 game, so whatever, but it could have been cool.

Playing Rez at SSJN's house was cool, but I feel like I got it after playing Area X once; I haven't felt like I needed to play it again.

I'm putting what VR hopes I have in the Everybody's Golf basket.

6. Star Trek Bridge Commander looked like an interesting VR game. And was RE VII that bad of a VR game?

Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    Sharks are great! We are old too. I wear it with pride lol!
    I responding to Pinapple’s purchase of a Shark. We got ours around mid October for @$130. I was kind of bummed when I saw it for $87 on Black Friday at Walmart.

7. VREVII is legit.
    But if there’s 1000 VR “games” listed on PSN, 980 aren’t worth a free download, let alone a purchase.

8. From what I've played at my friend's place, I'd say Battlezone, Astrobot, and Rush of Blood are all worth picking up. Eve Valkyrie , Wipeout, and Project Cars looked promising, but I didn't have enough playtime with any of them to get a real impression one way or the other.

Also, get some good can headphones to replace the included earbuds.

9. Astro Bot's the killer app thus far. Rez and Wipeout are solid picks. Thumper impresses at first, but the stages become much too long for their own good.

RIGS is practically worth it for the intro sequence alone, and the game attached to it is rather underrated, to boot. On that same note, Star Wars Battlefront 1 has a short little VR mission that is super impressive. If you can get these cheap (they've both been on sale on PSN for under $5 at some point), even just a short time with them will stick with you.

You can download the demo packs free from PSN if you didn't get a disc, there were a few there that really impressed that I'll have to get around to eventually, like Moss, Star Child, and Raw Data. The Playroom VR is also free, and has some neat little games to mess around with.

And finally, I've heard a lot of great things about Statik and Superhot VR.

Sony has been running PSVR sales on a rather frequent basis, so don't feel like you have to run out and get any of this stuff right away at full price or anything.

10. Polybius is the VR game of kings. Its what I want everytime I put the headset on. Tetris Effect is cool too . Wipeout is amazing but I get kinda sick when I play it. I'm a motion sickness wuss though.