Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: March 2019

1. I ordered this Amico Illustration by Chaa Chamaru from the Japan.
    IMG_7690.JPG

and the Japans are such cool people they included this as a free bonus.
    IMG_7691.JPG

2. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I adore CvS1. It was my in to competitive Street Fighter and I'll never forgive it/stop being grateful for that.

Some of those backgrounds really are incredible, yeah. The one (Ken stage?) on the streets with the huge shadows against the brick wall...
    Stage of Final Fight?
    The music is great in that game, too. I think it gets forgotten because it isn't wacky like CvS2.

3. We bought a new Whirlpool stove from the Home Depot to replace the old coil burner we got with the house back in 2004. I was so tired of fighting those crooked burners. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Whirlpoo...M0ES/205916213

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I just got my Duo and N64 RGB modded. Rondo and Gradius 2 looks absolutely phenomenal in RGB, it is crazy how good these games look with improved clarity and color. The N64 improvement isn't as noticeable unless it is 2D stuff. My modder did forget to solder a wire to activate the deblur function on the chip so it will go back and see if it makes that much difference for 3D games.
    Who did you use? I'm looking for a professional modder for some stuff in the near future.

Super tempted to just learn to do it myself at this point. South Florida is a black hole devoid of anything good.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Who did you use? I'm looking for a professional modder for some stuff in the near future.

Super tempted to just learn to do it myself at this point. South Florida is a black hole devoid of anything good.
    I went to a local game store (Digital Press Springfield, NJ) to get those done. He is fairly reasonable but if I have any soldering skills, I would do it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    TNL'er haul:

SMT4: Apocalypse courtesy of Mollie courtesy of that Target clearance.
    CvS1 Pro (DC) courtesy of Josh courtesy of Capcom balancing a bad game badly.

Also got Block Wars and Remote Control Dandy for PS1. I think I paid $10 shipped and $15 shipped respectively. The bottom has really fallen out of PS1 and DC import games, thankfully.
    Yes! I picked up Dandy and Tetsujin-28 on my last Japan trip. Fucking love Sandlot. Couldn't find Dandy-SF anywhere, though.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post

If you're willing to ship it, Mobious Strip Tech does really good work. There's also Voultar but I think he's always super busy. I had Keith Courage do my Duo Re-cap and RGB mod and he did a good job, though I think he just works on PC Engine stuff.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

8. Imported the Darius Cozmic Collection SE (with the extra home titles). I didn't realize M2 did the port/conversions, I am a happy person.

9. I got the regular edition of that, the SE was just too damn rich for my blood.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

10. An extra 5 home ports seem like a decent deal to me if you care for any of them.