Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

1. You really can’t get through this game by doing damage, you have to do the sword fighting.

I finally beat the last boss. This game’s difficulty is strange. If you eat an attack, the enemy gets time to regain their posture. If you can block everything and keep on the offensive, then you’ll get them to a deathblow quickly. I struggled with long fights while I had to learn the patterns for each phase, but finally I’d get through them quickly with barely a scratch.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

2. Yeah I was doing terrible at this game and then all of a sudden it clicked. Once it clicked I cleared every 2 banger (minibosses) in my way and got through most bosses on the first go. Genichiro was a bitch the first several times but he eventually went down like Dunlap said, like a chump with most of my health items still intact. I still have places to explore and bosses to find and beat but my trepidation about going back and fighting things that were giving me trouble is gone. I really like this game a lot. It's not Dark Souls but it's a wonderful game on it's own and it's been a whirlwind of emotions from FUUUUUCK I suck at games to I Am A Golden God. Only getting to play it on the weekends sucks but I hope to have it finished by May.

3. I'm officially too old for this shit. I bought on launch day, and I'm still just rotating between Lady Butterfly, Genichiro, and SevenSpears. I absolutely love the souls games, and this is right up my alley, but this shit is just not fun, banging your head on the same rocks for weeks on end.

4. This game is definitely a challenge.

I've been stuck on the ape for the past couple days. His first form is ok, but his second form is a grind.

Eventually I'll get it, but it's taking a while. Longer than Genichiro, even. I think it's because his first form is so unpredictable.

For this reason, I actually found him to be a bit easier after ringing the bell demon, because it makes him more aggressive and hence more predictable. It doesn't seem to make his attacks deal more damage.

Anyone else notice changes in boss fights after ringing the bell demon?
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

5. I thought Ape was more difficult at the start. I still can’t reliably evade the grab attacks.

I haven’t played too much with the bell. I did have it on for a couple fights without thinking and was wondering why they seemed more difficult, but I didn’t notice any behavior changes. My healing items didn’t work as well and I took posture damage more quickly.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    I'm officially too old for this shit. I bought on launch day, and I'm still just rotating between Lady Butterfly, Genichiro, and SevenSpears. I absolutely love the souls games, and this is right up my alley, but this shit is just not fun, banging your head on the same rocks for weeks on end.
    Maybe I am too old for this shit or just don’t play action games that demand a quick response any more. I’m at some dude at the top of the castle that looks like he waiting for you in a dojo. I see the attack coming but I just can’t getting the timing down to consistently react to deflect. I do good for a bit and almost get one life bar down and then the brain calls it quits and says peace out old man.

I’m still enjoying the game though. I will not quit. I refuse.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

7. Oddly enough, that was the one guy that didn't give me too much trouble. His right hand will flash right as he's drawing the sword from its scabbard. As soon as you see that flash, double tap deflect, and his posture will drop really fast. I went a different direction last night, I couldn't handle anymore Lady Butterfly battles. And now I'm stuck on the Armored Knight. Yay.

8. Here's the thing with Lady Butterfly, shurikens will knock her out of the air when she jumps up and for the shades snap seeds will kill them all instantly or you can just run around and dodge until she despawns them then hide behind a pillar to avoid the projectiles. Aside from that she's easy.

And if you're talking the big armored knight on a bridge he's a cake walk.

One thing the game isn't always the clearest on is you shouldn't always just default to parrying. If an enemies attacks do big damage to your posture even when you hit a perfect parry you aren't supposed to be parrying that attack, figure out how to dodge it and you'll get a chance to punish.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiMoogle View Post
    Maybe I am too old for this shit or just don’t play action games that demand a quick response any more. I’m at some dude at the top of the castle that looks like he waiting for you in a dojo. I see the attack coming but I just can’t getting the timing down to consistently react to deflect. I do good for a bit and almost get one life bar down and then the brain calls it quits and says peace out old man.

I’m still enjoying the game though. I will not quit. I refuse.
    You can try parrying twice or you can just dodge to the left when he pulls out his sword. He's very vulnerable to poison, so you can try the Sabimaru if you like.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

10. Oh and additionally, it can't be emphasized enough, fireworks are goddamn amazing on almost every boss.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.