Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

1. Is this game really this big? I still have only beat two "real" bosses, but I've taken on a ton of smaller enemies. They are still a lot of fun. The game really pushes you to learn their movesets and parry everything rather than try and chip away at their health bar. I like fighting these smaller mobs a lot more than the smaller mobs in the other soulsborne games. I just run past them any time I play Bloodborne, I've got no interest in dealing with that Bloody Crow again.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

2. I read somewhere that there are only 12 bosses.

3. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I read somewhere that there are only 12 bosses.
    Depends how you define "boss", I guess. There are a *ton* of minibosses in this game. Many of them are more difficult than the actual bosses. And most of them are actually skippable.

Imagine an entire sub-area where every enemy has a move set as complex as the Bloody Crow of Cainhurst. That's where I am right now.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

4. I read that too. I'm really taking my time or they pile up at some point, because I've definitely played for a while. 12 is a fine number. If i'm remembering them all, Bloodborne had 14 in the base game (no chalice dungeons) and you can get to an ending in 7.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

5. I ran into the headless miniboss in the cave near the beginning... got wrecked I guess now I need to farm something to actually do any damage.

6. I'm definitely not lacking for bosses or minibosses at this point. I think I've got 3 or 4 I can tackle, possibly more once I make my way down this area with all the cannons.

This game really opens up once you get to the castle, boy howdy.
    Last edited by sleeve; 27 Mar 2019 at 03:06 PM.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

7. Yeah, I'm at what I think is the last area and I think around 10-12 bosses sounds about right, I think I've fought 9 so far, need to double check my attack level to be sure. Though one was actually a repeat, albeit with a twist.

That said as mentioned there are a shit ton of minibosses, although annoyingly some of those you also fight multiple times.

I'm liking the game a lot, though I'm dreading the hell out of NG+ since you're essentially level capped at that point so while the enemies keep getting stronger and harder you don't. Some of the bosses and mini bosses have been brutal already.

Oh and speaking of the castle, the game isn't very clear on it but you should REALLY stick to the castle area and make your way to the top before venturing off into the side areas.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I ran into the headless miniboss in the cave near the beginning... got wrecked I guess now I need to farm something to actually do any damage.
    I finally beat him and I'm near the end of the game now, they're definitely designed to be late game fights, just stay away for now.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. Damn how many hours have you put into the game? I have played probably 6+ hours and haven't even gotten into the castle. I messed around with that Hirata castle/memory stage, and again got wrecked.

10. I haven’t been getting nearly enough sleep so far too many hours