Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

1. I probably was in Hirata for more than 6 hours even without counting the big bad, I'm moving so slowly. I did get through two more bosses last night though (4 down, so i'm only a third of the way?!), and feel like I'll see more soon. I saw a lot of side areas before finishing the castle. Also took out that headless guy. He should be saved for later, but you could get him pretty early on a second play through, I think. Also have been not getting nearly enough sleep.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

2. I've been skipping around a lot. I haven't beaten Lady Butterfly yet and am right at the edge of the gun fort.

Last night I worked her down to zero health and she killed me but then I hit "die" instead of "resurrect." Oops!
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

3. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Damn how many hours have you put into the game? I have played probably 6+ hours and haven't even gotten into the castle. I messed around with that Hirata castle/memory stage, and again got wrecked.
    That’s pretty much my situation. I was grinding for new abilities. The damn ogre still blocks my progress one way and I have yet to take down the drunk guy in Hirata Castle/memory.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

4. The stealth kills in this are nice, especially the "death from above" one. Dark Souls is good, but this is great. I am loving that mikiri counter- once you have it down you will own Enshin for free. Hopefully it'll be last call for the drunk soon. Good riddance to the stamina gauge. Deathblows can even give you back some life once you learn that skill.
    GOTY 2019? It's got a chance.

5. Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiMoogle View Post
    That’s pretty much my situation. I was grinding for new abilities. The damn ogre still blocks my progress one way and I have yet to take down the drunk guy in Hirata Castle/memory.
    Besides the ogre this was me, I was stuck trying to get through the entire memory before even moving far enough into the main area to find this ogre guy. I've played about 10 hours, just enjoying the world and movement but I'm fairly bad at parrying the harder enemies. Drunk dude has wrecked me probably 20 times, and I moved onto him after wall jumping up to the purple shinobi guy and getting wasted 30 times in a row. Both are still alive and blocking my progress there. I gather I should go back to the "main area" again and try that stuff. Game feels wonderful but it's humbling, and I cannot play it like it's Souls despite it still acting very Soulsy at times. Have had no time this week but I plan to hop back in tomorrow and hopefully find a boss in the main area I can best.

6. Platinum down, farming all the skill points needed to get the skills trophy was obnoxious but otherwise I enjoyed every moment. I particularly enjoyed some of the wall bosses that I had to throw my head against over and over and over and over again but then when I finally beat them it felt so goddamn good. It differed from dark souls in that there just isn’t a way to overlevel the fights, you either get better or you’re done progressing. That said ng+ was alright until the later bosses but then it just became frustrating, they all fill up your posture way to funding fast even with deflects to be any fun at all. I’ll def play through it again sometime in the future but normal ng only.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Platinum down,.
    Fuck you. I just beat the chained ogre during the weekend. At this rate I’m never going to finish. I’ve only been able to put good time in late Friday and Saturday night and I’m just too tired to give the game the attention it demands.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

8. Good job bbobb, that's some skills.

9. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    You think you're good until the Cleric Beast / Demon of Hatred
    Hey, I beat this boss last night. My favorite of the game, a good example of why these games are so satisfying. You start out getting hit hard with big attacks that seem insurmountable, but they're pretty well telegraphed so you don't have to twitch-react, and can all be punished if you experiment. By the end of it it's like you're doing a choreographed dance.

I think I've done everything I can before the final boss. I know I missed out on a lot of the side quests and at least one optional boss that was spoiled that I haven't figured out how to trigger. I was a little disappointed by some of the repeat fights, but at least they threw some new mechanics in to keep it fresh. It's really the only thing that bummed me out about the game, it's been a real joy to play and I hope it hold my attention through some more playthroughs.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

10. This game is too hard for me. I can't even beat the mini boss that immediately follows the chained ogre. Yeesh.