Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 245678 LastLast

Thread: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

1. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Oh and additionally, it can't be emphasized enough, fireworks are goddamn amazing on almost every boss.
    Really? I shall try.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

2. Yep, most bosses have a limited number of stuns you can use on them but usually saving those and using them on the final phase can make a huge difference.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiMoogle View Post
    Really? I shall try.
    Nvm. Got the deflects down and raped him on the 10th time. Fight was over in 20 secs. Wtf.

4. Yeah, when you get them, the fights can go real quick.

Most of the time, the boss has one particular prosthetic tool that is extra useful, but you have to test them out or look it up. The firecrackers give you a few free hits on pretty much everyone.

I never really felt like I got a lot of openings to do damage. Even when I got a chance to get in multiple swings, only the first and third swing would affect the health bar. I eventually got really aggressive on the posture. If you perfect deflect the last hit of a combo, you get enough of a chance to counterattack and either do some damage or keep the posture building until they perfect deflect you back, then you go back on defensive. When the danger QTE pops up, you switch it up with either a mikiri or a jump, or you get out of the way and regroup. Overall, though, the fighting is more difficult the more you get hit and the more you give the opponent free time to recover. If you can perfect deflect even with your posture meter full, you won't break posture, and a lot of times if the boss breaks your posture it's the last hit of a combo anyway, and they take the opening to actually get a hit on you.

Hot take, are Sekiro boss fights just a modern version of Punch-out!!?
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

5. Oh yeah, mikiri, forgot to mention that. Get that skill asap and master it immediately, then get the upgrade of it by midgame. That skill is essential for the later bosses in the game.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. It’s cute that I whupped that guys ass only to immediately Fight Genichiro afterwards and he crams his fist up my butt...hard.

7. Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiMoogle View Post
    It’s cute that I whupped that guys ass only to immediately Fight Genichiro afterwards and he crams his fist up my butt...hard.
    Oh was that one of the mini boss guys you were fighting? I thought you were talking about Genichiro. He isn't too bad as he doesn't have a lot of attacks.

8. The damn mini bosses seem to push in my shit more than the big bad bosses.

I was running around last night exploring for a bit instead of attempting Genichiro again. The game really feels like a Souls game now. Supernatural stuff with really great level design. Nobody does levels and enemies like From Software, that’s my hook with these games. I always want to see whats around the next corner.

9. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    One thing the game isn't always the clearest on is you shouldn't always just default to parrying. If an enemies attacks do big damage to your posture even when you hit a perfect parry you aren't supposed to be parrying that attack, figure out how to dodge it and you'll get a chance to punish.
    This is a really good tip.

Just beat the ape, and shit just got lit, big time. Currently fighting the Owl, and mixing up parries and dodges is key with him. It’s a really fun fight!

I think I fucked up one of the NPC quests after killing Orin of the Water, oops.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

10. Finally beat Genichiro after numerous attempts. Destroyed his ass the final time too, barely used any health gourds. Wtf. I swear the game just sometimes feels sorry for you and lets you just win.

Finished the night at the Giant Ape. Lol, poop flinging!? Really? Fight seems impossible like most fights but maybe the game will feel sorry for me again and let me eventually have the win.