Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 234568 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadia: Onlive 2.0

1. I'm just an old fucking man who loves my physical media. I just don't like the idea that once this thing ends one day which it will, your games will be gone forever on some shit server that you paid to play on.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

2. I'm sure missing those Onlive games I paid < $5 for, never played, and forgot about- I tell you what.

3. Streaming Bioshock was pretty cool Onlive.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure missing those Onlive games I paid < $5 for, never played, and forgot about- I tell you what.
    I get what you're saying but it's still money you blew on how many games you'll never get back?

5. I don't get this attachment. You spend more on lunch, and you'll never get that back. You spend more on seeing a movie once. You spend more on a package of toilet paper. You want to keep that forever when after you've used it?

I sorta get it when it comes to $60 purchases. But once a digital thing reaches the sub $10 mark, if you bought it and didn't get use out of it before it goes away- that's on you. You shouldn't have spent that money to begin with.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I don't get this attachment. You spend more on lunch, and you'll never get that back. You spend more on seeing a movie once. You spend more on a package of toilet paper. You want to keep that forever when after you've used it?

I sorta get it when it comes to $60 purchases. But once a digital thing reaches the sub $10 mark, if you bought it and didn't get use out of it before it goes away- that's on you. You shouldn't have spent that money to begin with.
    Well like I said I'm an old man & I'm set in my ways. In terms of video games I just never floated on the idea of leasing games instead of owning them.

7. I'm old too, and a side effect of that as the road ahead of me becomes shorter and the one behind grows longer is that I guess I just don't care as much about having so much junk around that I'll never have enough time to get to. I'm much more apt to use a thing with a time limit attached than I am than one that I'll Get To Eventually. Especially when we're talking about pocket change.

8. Yeah i hear you buddy. It's the miser in me that hates to spend money like that. Even tho I have a decent amount of ACA Neo games on my Switch.

9. Yeah I can't devote myself to worrying about how the games will play in a decade. The point is the experience, which is only really ripe in Current Day when everyone else is also playing. Most people can justify spending $20 at the arcade or a music show or whatever, I just do the same with games. I'll let the Parishes of the world fret about writing the history books.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

10. In the beginning, Nintendo created the Console and the Video Game. And the Video Game experience was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the television screen. And the Spirit of Miyamoto moved upon the traces of the circuitry. And Nintendo said, Let there be Mario: and there was Mario. And Nintendo saw the Mario, that it was good; and Nintendo divided the Mario from the Bowser. And Nintendo called the Mario a Bro, and the Bowser he called Koopa. And the levels 1-1 through 1-4 were the first world.