Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4678910 LastLast

Thread: Stadia: Onlive 2.0

These days the only reason to buy physical games is that it's cheaper, the discs themselves are pointless after an update or two.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Nat Geo is better than going to the zoo, because they’ll only air footage of the animals doing something in their natural habitat and not selling access to animal jail for profit. Also, how many times have you gone to a zoo and the cats are off sleeping in a corner and you can barely see them. That’s such a letdown.

“Preservationists” should be downloading those youtube vids and backing them up.
    Watching videos of an interactive experience is kind of missing the point, unless "see what you'll never play" is what you're trying to convey.

3. see what you’ll never play and probably wouldn't play even if you could.

How interactive are your zoos? They let you inside the cages? It’s like people trying to justify their stupid expensive pro sports tickets. The best seat is the one in my house.

Think of all the people in 70 years rejoicing that they have access to Movie 43. All the cultural importance it holds. Swoon~~
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 10 Jun 2019 at 02:32 PM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    These days the only reason to buy physical games is that it's cheaper, the discs themselves are pointless after an update or two.
    Being able to resell is pretty important, too.

5. on paper it is, except no one’s buying.

It's part of the "cheaper" part. There have been a couple of new games that I sold the same day at a $5 loss after I found out they sucked ass. Honestly I'd prefer all digital.

7. Resell is a lazy excuse. You want physical so you can play it when the services go down, or so you can sell it when you get tired or the price goes up. Resell is just more of a long-term rental than digital, except you gotta keep track of the object and deal with reselling to get your money.
    If I want to play I game I just pay what I’m willing to pay to play. I don’t fret over whether I’m going to play it in 20 years when my kids are grown, or if I can get $20 in a month when I trade it in. I just play the game now and enjoy it while I can. If you can’t justify the $60 game, then wait until it’s $30 and now you got that “resell value” built in. Like I’m going to go buy Tetris Experience for $20 now because I didn’t have the time to focus on it when it was $40 new.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

8. Also regarding playing games in the future, it's just not that important to me when it's online multiplayer. I can see the desire for a single player game, but online multiplayer is really just a happening. I played that mobile Puzzle Fighter game a ton and even through the announcement that it was shutting down. I know a lot of people quit when the announcement came through, but I still found it fun, and there's no way the game is going to come back even if they were to reproduce everything. The majority of the fun was in the social interactions and tournaments being held at the community level. Maybe think of it as a live music event, you aren't going to recreate that again. Get a recording or something that proves it happened, but it's a separate thing. Remember the past, but look forward to making new exciting experiences.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    see what you’ll never play and probably wouldn't play even if you could.

How interactive are your zoos? They let you inside the cages? It’s like people trying to justify their stupid expensive pro sports tickets. The best seat is the one in my house.

Think of all the people in 70 years rejoicing that they have access to Movie 43. All the cultural importance it holds. Swoon~~
    Seeing a real animal at a zoo is still more interactive than watching a video of it. Also, you can go on a safari if you want. There are options.

You have no idea who will want to play what in 70 years, so why are you assuming they'll all have your tastes? The goal is to make sure it will be there so someone actually has the choice to enjoy it or not. That's pretty much how historic preservation works. It's not a hard concept.

10. About sums it up.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL